Accuset 800 + RIP Star 400 without software

heolio

Registered Users
Hello!

I just got a Accuset 800 with RIP Star 400. I would like to use it with XP.
My problem is, that I will have to activate TCP/IP but now I found out, that
the software from AGFA is missing. The guy who sold me the machine does not
have the software any more (or is not willing to help me).

As I found out, there will be a software called RIP-Tools, AgfaSet, RIPSOFT,....
Can anyone make me a copy of this original AGFA software?

Please, please help!

AGFA no longer supports the Star Rip 400. Parts are very hard to get for this Rip. If I remember correctly the Star 400 Rip was a Postscript level 1 rip. Depending on what type of work you will be running, this could cause some problems.

If I were you, I look at getting a newer RIP.

STSTech

This is not right, it is Postscript level 2 and it is in working condition. The only thing is, that I cannot
configrue anything because of missing Software.
From my point of view it does not make sense to buy a new RIP for about € 2000, because it
is only for my hobby.

Hi there

I have some Agfa software in my archives which I sourced some time ago trying to get an accuset working. Will upload it in the next two days and send you the link.

This is not right, it is Postscript level 2 and it is in working condition. The only thing is, that I cannot
configrue anything because of missing Software.
From my point of view it does not make sense to buy a new RIP for about € 2000, because it
is only for my hobby.

Find and used RIP which cost you around € 600.

@heolio,
you are facing 2 issues:
- Star400 has the old BNC-Network. Find a tranceiver for TP and set up a physical correct Network.
- AppleTalk is the protocol of your Rip. Look for a Win2000 or Win2003 Computer. Create a new printer
and look for ApplTalk Printers in the Network. There you will see the AccuSet via Star 400.
Now you can share this Printer for other Workstations. Use as PPD the ones that MS offers you.
Do not forget to start the system properly: 1. Start AccuSet and wait until it's online
2. Start the Star400 and wait about 4 min.

Have success!
Michael

PCMaclan

PCMaclan

We have an Acuset 1000 with StarRIP 400 and we use XP(SP2) with PCMaclan. It works fine. The software tools we had were called Agfaset (I seem to remember) and were mac based. They were to tweak settings on the rip and we never used them. To use TCIP I believe you will need an adapter to plug in to the back of the rip. I'm pretty sure PCMaclan is no longer sold. The suggestion about using Windows 2000 or 2003 seems like a good idea as they should see the mac network directly.

Mick

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back