Acrobat 9 Convert Spot Colors

rich apollo

In Acrobat 8 I could use the Convert Colors dialogue to convert spot colors. Acrobat 9 indicates that the functionality is there, but it's not converting for me. It appears that the Ink Manager is the only way to convert spot colors to process.

1) Am I missing something? I'm setting up a transform which includes spot colors in the Convert Colors dialogue, but after the transform the spot colors are still present.

2) The Ink Manager is just pulling up CMYK tint mixes, right? It's not using the Lab values and the default colorspace to calculate the tint mix.

1) "Any colorspace" doesn't include Spot colors. Why? Because many users don't consider spot colors are "real colors" and we wanted to ensure that spot->process was an EXPLICIT choice. So if you want it, choose "Spot Colors" form the colorspace list as another "command" in the set.

2) The Ink Manager uses the alternate color provided inside the PDF as the color to which to convert your spot color too.

Yeah, I set up a transform with an explicit instruction to convert the spot colors. But, the spot colors remained. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back