Adding Tapes to a Pool

yespress

I am going to have to add another tape to our library, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I am using RSM with a Qualstar jukebox which archives to both an "Onsite" and "Offsite" back up tape. I physically injected the new tape into the jukebox, but am not sure how to allocate it to the pool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I received the following process from Kodak for adding tapes to the pool for my AIT-3 tape system. I don't know if it will help or not but you may want to give it a shot.

Allocation/Deallocation policy: Select both Draw media from Free media pool and Return media to Free media pool.

· Prepare the tapes to be included in Backup media rotation.

· In NTBackup, configure a small New Media backup job. This configures NTBackup to grab a tape from the free pool.

· Click Start Backup.

· In the If the media is overwritten, use this label to identify the media box, type the tape name.

· Click Start Backup.

· After the backup is done, close NTBackup.

· Move the allocated tape into the Backup\Prinergy pool.

· Repeat this procedure to allocate the required number of backup tapes in the Backup\Prinergy pool, so Prinergy Backup can alternate using those tapes for backup

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the reply. Makes perfect sense to me. I will definitely try it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back