Address Correction Question

Craig

For those that do mailing, I have a question. After you run the list through your mailing software, how do you handle the undeliverable addresses? Do you make every effort to correct them or do you just not address them?

We seem to get some pretty crappy data files from customers, we have made a few commands that we run to attempt to correct common mistakes. We also have the ability to run through them line by line and compare the address to the USPS database and attempt to correct. I just wonder what others are doing in general.

We spend a little time to pick the low hanging fruit sort to say. After we correct the easy ones we kick the list back to the customer. We are ok spending some additional time fixing the list since it means we print more, finish more, charge more.

That's basically what we do, I just get frustrated with some of the crap that's been coming in. At what point do you say enough is enough and start billing for data correction? (rhetorical question)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back