Adobe InDesign - Nexus 8.6

haushold

I have an Indesign CS3 file that is a solid background with a transparent CT on top of it. If I print it to Raster/Vector Trap it flattens into a tons of little CT's and I end up with white lines. I saved it out to a PDF 1.6 it looks good but then it crashes fails. I am running Nexus 8.6.4 on an Windows 2003 server.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

haushold, send the file to support. THey are usually pretty good about getting nexus workarounds. But be warned, as soon as you mention transparencies they are going to suggest that you upgrade to the Nexus PDF

You get the "white lines" on the proof and plate or on the screen?

MSD
-
I have an Indesign CS3 file that is a solid background with a transparent CT on top of it. If I print it to Raster/Vector Trap it flattens into a tons of little CT's and I end up with white lines.

I have an Indesign CS3 file that is a solid background with a transparent CT on top of it. If I print it to Raster/Vector Trap it flattens into a tons of little CT's and I end up with white lines. I saved it out to a PDF 1.6 it looks good but then it crashes fails. I am running Nexus 8.6.4 on an Windows 2003 server.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try flattening it using the Acrobat Flattener Preview. I use for those troublesome PDF's and it will usually allow it to go through Nexus. You will see the white lines in Acrobat after doing this but they should not print in your proofs or plates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back