advise to buy Proof Printer

iamsamad

I am looking to buy A3 size printer for proofing application, but I am not sure whether to buy LaserJet or Inkjet , so pls comment on which one to buy.

Re: advise to buy Proof Printer

For proofing, color Inkjet is going to be your best option. Inkjet technology has won the battle when it comes to proofing for color. For an A3 size you might want to take a look at the Epson 4800 and combine it with one of the Color Proofing packages out there ( ORIS, GMG, EFI etc etc.)

Hope that helps

Thank you very much..I would like to know the opinion for Hp A3 size proofers?
Is it good for proofing too?

The HP should be an acceptable choice too. I think it has more to do with the front end Color Proofing RIP you use like what Cory mentioned (ORIS, GMG, EFI etc.).

Abdul, there are many good printers. But, if you want a good, reliable, consistant printer I would recommend Epson.
Now, about paper to print on. If you want to use only one or two papers that Epson makes then you should purchase the Epson Stylus Pro Professional version of the printer. This will give you the OEM Colorburst Rip. This is a great rip as long as you are using Epson Papers. If you are going tu use third party papers and you have colormanagement software like Profilemaker and a Spectrophotometer then, you should purchase the Epson Stylus Pro printer and get Colorburst (X-Proof) Rip software or some other proofing software ie; EFI XF, AbsoluteProof, GMG.......etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back