agfa anapurna

we had one in our plant and were not impressed. Look at the Oce Arizona 350 if you want white ink capabilities.

im thinking of buying a agfa anapurna , has anyone got one ? , how do you find them ? any good ?.

Yes, contact Agfa, Yes.

Prints IMO better than the OCE 350 and it's cheaper, especially if you want a combo machine that can print both roll and flat materials.

that was not our experience. maybe we got a lemon. glad we unloaded it though. I'm quite certain it was more money than the Arizona 350 as well.

that was not our experience. maybe we got a lemon. glad we unloaded it though. I'm quite certain it was more money than the Arizona 350 as well.

What kind of problems did you have?

It's worth remembering that "Anapurna" is an entire product range, not a specific machine and the OEM (which is not Agfa) is not the same throughout the whole product range. So the question is: which was the actual product you had problems with? The Korean OEM (Dilli) of the Anapurna M has a pretty good rep for building a decent machine, so I'd be interested in whether that was the Anapurna you had problems with or ?

I am referring to the Anapurna M series not the Anapurna L/XL.

The M series is cheaper than the OCE 350. It is a true combo printer unlike the OCE which is a flatbed printer that can print roll materials if you want to pay extra for the "roll attachment."

I am referring to the Anapurna M series not the Anapurna L/XL.

The M series is cheaper than the OCE 350. It is a true combo printer unlike the OCE which is a flatbed printer that can print roll materials if you want to pay extra for the "roll attachment."

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough? I was really asking bmor what problems he had on what model. bmore?

We had the Anapurna XL. It is worth mentioning that as we are Canadian residents there may also be different price structures when comparing the Oce to the Agfa products.
The main problem as I recall was tracking when trying to use the roll to roll feature. Because the media rides a conveyor belt from the entrance to the exit of the machine. This belt would always wander on us. Yes it has adjustable tension bolts on either end, but no matter how much we tweaked it it always wanted to ride to one side.
I just prefer the flatbed as the media does not move, registration is precise. I'll admit to not having used the roll to roll function on the Arizona 350 more than a few times but have not had issues that couldn't be easily addressed yet. Our Agfa tech was in our shop a lot for more than a few different issues. The 6 pt type on the Oce beats the Agfa hands down. That attention to detail translates to near photographic quality on all the prints that come off of this machine. There were other issues with the Anapurna that I have put behind me (it was a couple years ago) but the feeling is shared by our entire staff that we are better served with the Arizona. We have two, a 250 GT and the 350 with the roll to roll option. Perhaps it's the kind of work we do as well, large format screen printing, POP advertising, banners, displays, signage etc.

Last edited:
why compare only oce to anapurna. there are many others in the market giving 3m wide format and flat bed option.Matan Barak3, jeti, zund...

These are the only two brands I have first hand knowledge and experience with.
Lately we are having some issues on the Oce flatbed, where we suspect it's overheating due possibly to an inadequate cooling system. It runs fine all day when night shift starts it begins to have some print failures. After it sits from 11pm till 7am it behaves much better. I suspect it's like having too small a radiator on your car.

bmor - from my practice: power line had a lot of noise because next door printing press and prepress room were connected to one of the same power feeder as the press.
No printing - no problem, press works - proof problems.
In case of overheating issue, the problem comes back in an hour or close to that time (depends on usage of equipment).
Just a thought.

they stink

they stink

I own a anapurna since April of last year. It has had every problem under
the sun. The worst part about it is AGFA has no clue how to fix half the issues. They send down techs that used to be in there plate business. NEVER BUY FROM AGFA!!! they dont stand behind there equipment

Don't be so fury, Mr. bfeury :)

I've been worked for AGFA for years as FSE, and we've never left the problem unsolved.
Technicians from "plate business" are actually from CTP-CtF-ColorProof prepress with tonns of knoweledge.
:Annapurna is quite a bit new equipment for AGFA and Field Service need a special training and experience, but the company-manufacturer has servicemen.
I dont believe you were left alone face-to-face with your problems.
AGFA has a few levels of management where you could apply/complain directly to fix your problems up to fulfilment.
You need a serious proof of your accusation before posting such a kind of message.
I hope Steve Musselman will contact you soon

Last edited:
I was very cooperative for a year. now its time to take the machine back and they dont want to do it. I went all the way to the president. The only way they would replace the machine was if i signed a document that said i would not go after them for any past or future claims. I have lost a major retail customer do to failure in the field. The machine has been down over 20% of the time. I have all the proof in the world. After a year of nothing but issues i think i deserve the post.

Anapurna XL

Anapurna XL

Hi,
we own Anapurna XL model from 2006 years and we have had a lot of problem !!!!
From the installation only the first year we made approx 40 call to support and the technicians have done 128 hours without solve any problem.
We are sure that the AGFA technicians are skilled people but not on this products: we think that AGFA has not been so quick to do the right training for the tech-support.
Just for example the tech-support has explained to use only after three years the correct procedure of how to manage the "sub air tanks".
And from 2006, we have received only the 1/19/2010 the maintenance operation manual.
Why AGFA has not been able to make our Anapurna XL to works ??
We thinks that it's time to say the truth about this product !!!
Thanks

PS:
I apologize for my poor english :-(

Last edited:
My Company have one of the unit - Anapurna Mv
It always happen print head problem after some jobs done. After clean more worst.

bfeury, you are right.
NEVER BUY FROM AGFA!!! they dont stand behind there equipment. POOR tech support.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back