Agfa Galileo VS8 slow to boot, now won’t boot

RVNG

In the morning I would turn on the LP82 processor and then turn on the Galileo. After about an hour the Galileo would begin to whine and the Boot Dialogue would come on the screen in the console. This morning, the boot dialogue is not coming up at all. Even tried using the Boot Dialogue command from the menu on the console, still won’t come on.

I have restarted the Odyssey, processor, L-bridge, and engine but still no luck. I have power, airpressure, processor comes to a ready state, is there something I am missing?

RG

So, may be the Laser did not start (because CLDM -Collimated Laser Diode module did not reach 25 degrees of Celsium and TEC - Termal Electric Cooler assy out of Power)
Is it cold inside your office?
More detail and help you could obtain on-line using Armya Service On-line support (not for free).

Galileo is more complicated device than Avantra and nobody can help you at free forum, sorry.
Galileo problems have a level higher than my "level of good-samaritainity"

Thanks VladCanada,

Yes, it was a little cool this morning as I get to the office before everyelse does... eventually I did get it going but I am not sure how. It just decided to work all of sudden. I will see if it behaves the same way tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your insight, it is appreciated.

Perhaps a question of startup procedure would be better to ask... after weekends I will usually:

- Start the Odyssey/Console box (with the engine, l-bridge and processor powered off)
- after start, Launch the galileo software (console)
- PWR ON the processor
- PWR ON the bridge
- ONLINE the processor
- PWR ON the Galileo
- After an hour Boot Dialogue appears in console, then ONLINE the Engine
Done.
Is this what others do?

RG

You have a manual load of plate, as I see.
You dont do anything wrong!
Do you hear a spinner sound?

That could be nice to see a screenshot of Galileo boot dialog.

Last edited:
Following a PWR ON of the engine, I usually hear the spinner sound after about an hour of sitting idle. This is when the Boot Dialogue becomes available.

RG

So, Galileo is waiting for Laser temperature to reach some reasonable value.
75% - TEC problem.
You can get the opposite effect, when T is over 25 C, Peltier cooler did not start and next job is on hold,
waiting for Laser T 25C

PS Check your Private Message.

If you tell us S/N of Galileo, or S/N of the Carriage, or SW Galileo version - I'll be able to tell you - you have TEC or non-TEC carriage.

Would air pressure have anything to do with it?
Air there any air line filters in the Galileo?

RG

None
Laser and Spinner-motor don't use a compressed air or vacuum.
In case of low vacuum (that means low air pressure) error you will see the error message during boot-up procedure of the Galileo.

Funny, now I am getting low pressure errors (1101) on the applicator after doing a few plates. I hear a banging sound on the 3rd plate when the applicator grabs it to deliver to the output side. I remove the plate from the bridge before it goes into the processor as the one side is crimped in two spots. Trying to output plates one at a time, every 10mins approx, instead of consecutively to avoid these pressure problems. Not sure what's happening now.

RG

That's another issue not concerning the imaging but plate handling.
I'm not sure anybody could help you without on-site visit.
There a few tens of reason of plate dropping by the Applicator.
Again, check your PM, double-clicking on your nick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back