AGFA LP 68 Ultra Plate Sensor

Key-line

Hi all,

I was searching online to see if I could find a fix or insight into an issue we have come across and found this forum.

We have an LP 68 Ultra Plate Processor and last week encountered a problem where the processor no longer recognized that a plate was on the plate table to begin processing. After opening the cover with intent to make sure there was no blockage over the sensor we realized that flashing a trouble light in front of the sensor would activate the processor to begin processing. Strange right?

The sensor DOES NOT read any plate in front of it at all, but will activate with the trouble light. So while a new sensor was on order we got by with a creative setup placing the trouble light in a box with the sensor under the plate input table so that the plates would not be exposed and then turn the light off once the plate was entirely inside the processor and the machine would then assume the back edge of the plate has passed. A pain in the butt, but its all we could do.

Now, the part arrived along with a service tech however after installation the NEW sensor still was not working and does not activate even with the light trick. After some trouble shooting we conclude that perhaps the new sensor is a dud and reorder a replacement. The service tech asks if I understand how to do the replacement when the new one arrives and I say yes (its pretty straight forward with only 4 wires on a harness).

The 2nd NEW sensor arrived today and I just finished installing (and uninstalling) it with the same negative results.

So my question is this: Is there some sort of reset procedure for the plate input sensor that needs to be done when it is replaced? Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Any input would be appreciated.

90% you have wiring issue at small 4-wires sensor plug... check it first!

If your problem remains the same - U1 main board has some problem in the worst case or...
sensor wiring problem like broken wire or bad contact at P21 plug (Digital inputs), pin 1 at B row.

Small drop of developer at the sensor's surface could change its sensitivity, even wave lenght sense.
Clean the sensor with wet napkin!

Last edited:
Dont do what VladCanada says, the input and exit sensor are not the same, the exit sensor works with a resistance, so if you put it in the input, you´re going to burn it.
Tell the Service Technician check the LP68 with androdiag. (this will help a lot to see the real problem)
Also, check if the sensor cables are correctly plug to the board.

Input and Exit sensors are the same and both have 470E resistors connected.
Those resistors are a part of the processor and connected before small 4-wires plug.
Two Cam and one Rewash Lid (Plate Re-entry) sensors are the same and have NO resistor (current limiter) connection.

Last edited:
LP68 does not have a rewash lid.
I think your confussing the LP68 with the LP82.
LP82 have same input and exit sensor.
LP68 not, even the part codes are diferent.

Ivan, you are right... partly.
I had to be more carefull giving advice because I told about LP68 after Serial Number 1001.
Old version processors had Re-Wash Slot cover as an auxiliary part (mandatory after #1001).
Old version had two different sensors at Input and Exit slots.
New version had two identical ones.
I gonna make some changes in my first comment to avoid any problem for LP68 users.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back