Agfa Polaris XTV power panel digitizer

lyzan

We changed the power panel of our Polaris XTV because for some unknown reason the digitizer was broken. Prior to the broken digitizer, the digitizer suddenly became unresponsive to touch.

Just few days ago, a new power panel was installed. But the same problem exists, that is, digitizer is not responsive to touch. As a result, we cannot shut down the machine via the power panel. So we are using the emergency stop to load plates. We use the same compact flash from the old panel for the system.

Anybody encounters the same problem? Is this a software problem? Do we need to re-calibrate the touch screen? If so, how?

Thanks,

Lyzan

If you are talking about the Polaris colour display (power panel), I have changed out 2 of them in the past and have found them to be "plug and play". Why do you want to use the flash card from the faulty display? Seeing as you are experiencing the same fault with the new display, surely logic says that there is something wrong with the flash card - which has happened here too before. Please tell me what you mean by "digitiser"? Also, please be aware that there are 2 different models of colour display and the flash cards are not intercompatible. They use different firmware. If the touch screen is unresponsive, then you will not be able to access the calibration facility anyway.

Last edited:
If you are talking about the Polaris colour display (power panel), I have changed out 2 of them in the past and have found them to be "plug and play". Why do you want to use the flash card from the faulty display? Seeing as you are experiencing the same fault with the new display, surely logic says that there is something wrong with the flash card - which has happened here too before. Please tell me what you mean by "digitiser"? Also, please be aware that there are 2 different models of colour display and the flash cards are not intercompatible. They use different firmware. If the touch screen is unresponsive, then you will not be able to access the calibration facility anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

With digitiser, i mean the touch panel. The new touch panel as I see it is exactly identical with the old one, i.e., model 4PP320.0571-35. The touch screen is not totally unresponsive. The machine is booting perfectly using the old CF card except that the touch buttons in the Polaris program are not responding as expected. For example, if I touch the off button, it will prompt the menu under it but the menu buttons when touch are not responding. We purchase the power panel directly from B&R. Thus, no new CF and no Agfa's proprietary program included. I also think that this is only a plug-n-play process that's why we purchased directly from B&R. Now, we are faced by the problem of sourcing the CF with Agfa's proprietary program because of local dealer's policy. I think you know what I mean.

What did you do when you had the same problem? Did you order a new CF with Polaris program from Agfa? Is it possible to copy the content of the old CF to a new CF card?

Thanks,
Lyzan

Ahhh.... OK, same series of control panel, the card should be compatible. To calibrate, touch the screen in the yop right hand corner, then touch "CALIB". You will see a series of targets appear. Toich these targets as close to the center as possible, and the icons and sensitive areas will align. Purchasing the panel directly from B&R, there will be no card and/or firmware. The card panel firmware is downloaded via the panel's network connection, but you do need the Agfa firmware, which is of course company confidential. We source the control panels from Agfa HQ, so everything is ready to go.

Ahhh.... OK, same series of control panel, the card should be compatible. To calibrate, touch the screen in the yop right hand corner, then touch "CALIB". You will see a series of targets appear. Toich these targets as close to the center as possible, and the icons and sensitive areas will align. Purchasing the panel directly from B&R, there will be no card and/or firmware. The card panel firmware is downloaded via the panel's network connection, but you do need the Agfa firmware, which is of course company confidential. We source the control panels from Agfa HQ, so everything is ready to go.

Thanks, unfortunately touching the top right corner yields no result. No "CALIB". Touching the left top corner, the "SPECIAL" menu is coming out, but there is no "CALIB" there only "Calibrate laser" and 4 other menus related to machine parameters. Beside, the buttons from the SPECIAL menu are not responding.

Again thanks, I appreciate much your informative response.

Lyzan

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back