Agfa polaris xtv

Stoyan

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with an Agfa Polaris XTV - violet laser and silver plates. For small screens to about 20% missing dots, in 30% is 22.5%, from 40% up begins to increase and have 10-15% higher. I saw the white dot screens at high (70-85%) is not clean (there are black dots inside). I cleaned the entire optical system, tried to set the focus - the clear (but not completely) image received at Singlet -10400, Cylinder-10370 (this is max) -> factory - S-10300, C10050.
Please if anyone has an idea / solution for my problem please help me.

Thanks in advance.

VladCanada, thanks for your reply.
I know that any advice can worse the problem, but I have several years experience in servicing of these machines and I think I can assessing any advice, I'm just looking for some direction in which to search for a solution to my problem because I started to turn around. On Agfa service - so far, for two weeks now, their recommendations are mainly for cleaning lenses, mirrors, check the movement focus lens, check for oil inside the dustcap. My main worries me that there are no dots for small screens and in large are more. I think that their (AGFA) advice has not relate exactly to my problem. Could this be due to aging / reduced laser? Because he was like a new 60 mW and 15 mW now.

Hi Vlad,
I have a Polaris XT, not Galileo, but that does not matter now. :)
Yes I know it isn't ideal linear and I do RIP compensation, but when missing dots how/what to compensate? (values ​​that I talked about earlier in first post are from the non-calibrate plate.)
Yes I know that the silver plates are very sensitive, so I checked and thoroughly cleaned LP, changed all chemistry.
In the room have another two such Polaris, working with the same chemistry and the same plate, and there are no problems.
Checked by exposure plates from this CTP it was processing another LP82 - the result is the same.
I'll check everything step by step again.(maybe I missed something :( )
I know that you can't give me a straight solution to fix the problem, but sometimes is of importance just a man to share your problem with someone when he is in difficulty. In discussion could be possible to reach a decision. :)
Kind regards.

Hi , you need to play with laser filter position , your laser power should not be to low (should be around 50-70) if not adjust laser filter position

what resoultion and what is your spinner speed in parameters

have you done a wobble

i had a machine with the following settings

res laser power laser filter pos
1200 75 34.1

2400 78 15.1

2540 72 14.6

Oh, I see my mistake. So I deleted my posts with wrong Galileo information.
I think it's time to look inside your optics box on the top of the machine.
My concern is the filter stepper-motor, the same statement which diggs30 just told.

Hi again,
I can say that the problem is already solved:
I found that problem lies in the Prescan unit, after I replaced it - everything is fine.
Meanwhile, I saw there are white lines (looking at them with magnifier - very close to each other points) in slowscan - this is the result of faulty interface card (HighWater HW970) in NewsDrive .:mad:
Kind regards.

Hi again,
I can say that the problem is already solved:
I found that problem lies in the Prescan unit, after I replaced it - everything is fine.
Meanwhile, I saw there are white lines (looking at them with magnifier - very close to each other points) in slowscan - this is the result of faulty interface card (HighWater HW970) in NewsDrive .:mad:
Kind regards.

HI
MR
I'd like to ask about the same problem, but with the polymer board, has the wholePrescan unit been changed or just laser Diode?
405NM
60MW
Please tell me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back