Alternatives to mail

prepressguru

Hi all we have been using Eudora for all our email needs. But he product has been discontinued and will not be updated for intel support. I've played with Apple's mail but everyone agrees it seem a little simple. We has also noticed it has some issues with attachments where Eudora does not.

What other options are out there. I don't think Entourage is a great option either.

Thanks

You could try thunderbird, I used it for a while, but noticed it had problems with attachments as well (maybe its better now) I use Mail for everything now and it's working great.

Apple + MailTags (MailTags) is a great combination for me

I use Thunderbird. I had problems with Mail and attachments and I haven't had any of those problems with Thunderbird.

Simple isn't a bad thing.. IMO I used Mail in a prepress role for years, and loved it.

At my new job, my primary computer for email / calendar etc is a PC running XP. Forcing me to be an Outlook user - using it everyday now makes me look forward to going home to check my email using Apple's Mail app!!

Yes simple is very hard to find in this industry. We've tried to use mail but found it had issues with attachments. it's real strange. Message will just not send. Take the same file to Eudora and it works. I have heard a lot about thunderbird but the first time I tried it out it crashed. But it was some time ago I will check out a newer build.

Thanks!

Mail.app

Mail.app

I have never had a problem with attachments and Mail.app bundled with OS X. One of it's neat features is you can "attach" an entire directory and it will use the "make an archive" feature of the Finder to ball it up. We have standardized on Mail.app for OS X users, and Thunderbird for Windows and Linux users. We haven't had any issues with Thunderbird and attachments either. There is another e-mail client that is under development called Correo

Correo - a new mail client for OS X

" Correo blends technology from two popular Mozilla projects, Camino and Thunderbird, to create a polished native Macintosh application. "

Of course, the best e-mail attachment is one that isn't attached ;) We prefer our browser-based file sharing system or WebDAV over e-mail attachments.

Chasd.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back