Any AE commercial users???

Skinflint

Are there any US customers using AE in a commercial environment?? How would you rate it to others you may have used?

Not in US but we have AE, had it for about 4 years, not used anything previous to benchmark against. With our volume now can't do without, when its running its great but we have always had stability issues, restart server several times a week. Once you system is hooked in any down time is major issue.

I used it up until last year. We loved it. We had a nice setup with JDF stripping information being feed into the system via MIS and generating the layouts automatically. I have also used Prinergy in commercial and I loved that also.

I also know that 2 of the largest yearbook publishers in the states are using AE10/12

We have used Esko for 10 years now, and would not trade it for any other workflow. I used Rampage previously and can say that I liked that workflow, but after using Esko for the last 7 years, I would never go back. The flexibility that the product offers is unbeatable. We do a lot of extra steps in our production environment, such as, element shingling instead of full page shingle, pullouts for perfect bound crossovers, white framing small/fine type elements, 3/c holdbacks, ink mapping, and creation of varnish elements in a single file. I find that these can more easily be accomplished through Esko than any other software I have seen. And, if you use Impose or Plato, there is no other imposition software that is as easy to use. I create templates for impositions and particular presses in a few minutes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back