Anyone deal with Midwest Printing Equipment???

[email protected]

I've been looking at some things for sale on ebay by Midwest Printing Equipment (ebay id: mwprintequip).

I noticed their prices are higher than what a lot of other people are asking for things. I was wondering if they're like JJ Bender and just over-inflate all their prices or if they actually do any refurbishing/parts replacement to justify a higher price.

Anyone ever deal with them? Good or bad stories to share?

Thanks.

We purchased a small paper cutter from them....Challenge Titan 200. The photos showed a near pristine model, the item we received was definitely not the one in the photos as it had a lot more scuffs and scratches. I think they have "stock" photos taken of a good machine and sell others with the same photos. When we received it the paper cutter was non-operational as far as I was concerned since it would not keep track of what position the backguage was in. I called Midwest Printing and spoke with someone (Rory I think) who was immediately concerned and resolved the issue by putting me in touch with a very knowledgeable person at Challenge (Randy) who determined a PCB board had gone bad. By the way Randy and Challenge in general were awesome to deal with. A new board was ordered and installed in the machine - several hundred dollars which Midwest Printing Equipment paid for. On the whole we were satisfied with the purchase and their responsiveness to our issue.

When it comes to all Brokers, you have to keep them honest. As for a "bait and switch" tactic, make them take a current picture and ask them to put a piece of paper in the picture with say your company name on it beside the serial number. Most will laugh but if you are ready to spend money this is just another part of them closing the deal and you protecting yourself.

I have looked at some of their Finishing equipment and some of the prices seemed fair. It all depends on what you are looking at. I have closed my Bindery and I have decided to sell the equipment on my own. The few Brokers I have talked too just want to high of a percentage on the final sale price. Just beware. You will just be a stranger that they use to know when all is said and done.

If you are looking at Finishing equipment list what you are looking at and I will tell you if I think they are excessive.

Best,
JW

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back