anyone fix polar 115 emc monitors

Looking for a company that fixes Polar EMC 115 monitors

Right now go to Ebay and look up Panasonic Video monitor. You will see a TR990-c monitor for $54.00. This is the same monitor that I have had on my Polar for 5 years and no problems. It sets on top of the knife and it doesn't make you feel like you are hitting your head on it. But otherwise if you are headstrong about wanting OEM on the machine then it ain't gonna feel good.

Best,
JW

As far as I know some components are no more available for the old CRT’s.
Do not mount a normal TV onto the cutter!!!! A wooden board and four chains from the sealing extends the life time of the TV.
Buntpapier

What is being bypassed by this method, the vibrations? Were they harmful to the factory original monitor?

Al

What is being bypassed by this method, the vibrations? Were they harmful to the factory original monitor?

Al

In a Nutshell yes. Harmonics really. I have a customer who uses the same Monitor I have for my Polar and they have not had a problem yet. On the other hand I can think of atleast 3 Monitors that have went out at various shops I have been in since 2007.

JW

Al

Machine design is calculation. The original Polar CRT's have shock absorber. Everything brakes one day and vibration kills everything.
It will work with a different screen.
Buntpapier

What is wrong with the monitor? Ours was half dimmed out, all it was was a reflection shield that had moved.

Actually it may not be as bad today. Start by googling for "industrial touch screen replacement". The market is much bigger now.

Maybe start by disassembling the cutter panel to get at some brand information to search for.

Al

Last edited:
Well after looking at the range of prices here:

Universal Mount Monitor Pricing and Configuration Guide

It may be wiser to first find out Polar's price for the one in your machine.

Al

Exactly. This is why I tried to get the original OP to look at other options. I have the original monitor with my knife but would assume it does not work. For less than 100.00 you are fixed. No different than going through Update for Consumables the way I see it. Sometimes aftermarket is your friend.

JW

Polatech Monitor POLAR/EB Id. Nr. 022331 CRT replacement for Polar EM/EMC-MONITOR Cutters

Dear Sirs,

For your kind attention and ordering:

New CRT Monitors (Not LCD) Monochrome and Color monitors in factory package are available for:

Polar 92 EM Monitor, Polar 115 EM Monitor, Polar 137 EM Monitor, Polar 155 EM Monitor,
Polar 92 EMC Monitor, Polar 115 EMC Monitor, Polar 137 EMC Monitor, Polar 155 EMC, Polar 176 EMC Monitor.
Polar Mohr Video Cards applicable for: 020130, 020131, 020620, 020621, 020622 VID-COLOR/2.

You should just report us your machine exact model, CP1 and VID cards part numbers and EPROM versions, for selecting a proper monitor for your cutter.

No incompatible LCD monitor is required as a replacement of the Polatech Monitor POLAR/EB Id. Nr. 022331 for Polar Mohr Paper Cutters.

- 12", 14", 15", 17", 21" CRT Cathode Ray Tubes.
- Color & B&W Actual Video Quality and Reliability, with custom adaptation.
- Automatic Color Signal Killer in Black & White Mode (No color snow).
- Flexible H&V Sync Generators.
- New condition in factory package.

http://www.alonex.com/pdf/AX-PLR.pdf

Related services are listed herein:
http://www.praftec.com/rd/ - Special Purpose HW/SW Design & Development services in HE+EN
http://www.alonex.co.il/he/ - Special Electronic & Computer Systems Repair & Engineering services in HE+EN

Welcome to your inquires and orders!
Alonex ICEE Lab

Attachments

• AX-PLR.pdf
    133.6 KB · Views: 353

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back