Anyone know the difference between Apogee Prepress and Apogee Manage?

What is the difference between these two product titles really...

Apogee Prepress is the over all product name. With in Apogee Prepress there are multiple "flavours"; Render, Control, Manage and Integrate. Render is just that, it is a pure Render with no post process control. All Processes are predefined with not ability to make changes to the end result. Control is also just a rendering engine but it give you more control over the pre and post process. Manage is a complete workflow including imposition. Integrate is the same as Manage but allows for integration to MIS systems and for Prepress systems of more than 2 Rendering engines.

Thanks....

So if I were quoted Manage, this would mean that my system would have a single renderer?

What role does the renderer play in the process? Just not sure of term to process, all manufacturers call them something different.

The PDF Render (aka Adobe PDF Print Engine) is the "ripping" engine of Apogee Prepress. A Manage system can have up two two PDF Renders. The second would come as part of what is called the "Additonal Output Capacity" option. If you have questions regarding your quote you need to talk to you sales person to make sure you understand what you are buying.

Phil Crosby - Academy Senior Trainer - Agfa Graphics North America

Apogee Prepress is the latest prepress workflow release. :Apogee Prepress fully supports the latest version of Adobe PDF Print Engine which significantly enhances the rendering performance, since PDF files are rendered natively and included transparencies are automatically resolved during the rendering process.

Hi, got an APOX Prepress Control, great product, stable reliable; it works perfectly with only a render engine (1000/1500 plates per month).
Only two issues in my opinion: expensive and I don't like to deal with tech service (in Italy).
For the rest I confirm that's a great software.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back