ApogeeX 2.5 without PrintDrive

We recently picked up an ApogeeX server from an auction as a back-up for our current system. Our current system uses PrintDrive to image plates. Files are stored on the PrintDrive server so that they can be replated at any time. Our new system bypasses the PrintDrive server and prints directly from the ApogeeX client. I was wondering how someone is able to replate a job without reprocessing the entire job? What workflow process allows you to store the job so that it can be replated?

You can buy "digital film manager" option for ApogeeX (may be ApogeeX upgrade to newest version will be required for new option) or connect your "new" ApogeeX directly to your PrintDrive.

You can buy "digital film manager" option for ApogeeX (may be ApogeeX upgrade to newest version will be required for new option) or connect your "new" ApogeeX directly to your PrintDrive.

Without the PrintDrive option installed, after plates have been processed I have found that I need to reprocess the flats which re-renders the job with the same settings. Am I exposing myself to any issues going this route?

That is sort of correct. You can put a "keep result" on the renderer, and then your rendered results will archive with your jobs. You can continue from kept results, (or even from a restored jobs kept results) and that means you can reimage rendered plates.

Last edited:
Just make sure you test it before leaning too hard, I just know the theory, never used it for that ;) (saving ripped data)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back