ApogeeX with :sublima, will it work with Kodak Trendsetter 800

lyzan

Hello everyone,

Our company is planning to buy a new CtP, so far our eyes are in the direction of Kodak Trendsetter 800Q. We have ApogeeX and :Sublima. Is it possible to use ApogeeX and :Sublima (for Agfa Galileo VXT) with Kodak Trendsetter 800?

Thanks.

Lyzan

A Trendesetter can output a 1bit tiff file from any workflow as long as you have a tiff downloader license

For Trendsetter I. II, III you need the tiff downloader license for Print Console.
For Trendsetter IV you need Prinergy Evo with tiff downloader option.

@nemo

thanks. I wander what will be the effect of :sublima when image with trendsetter 800, let's say Galileo Sublima. Because according to :Sublima documentation, the dots are automatically compensated in accordance to Agfa's specific machine which is Agfa Galileo.

Lyzan

@nemo

thanks. I wander what will be the effect of :sublima when image with trendsetter 800, let's say Galileo Sublima. Because according to :Sublima documentation, the dots are automatically compensated in accordance to Agfa's specific machine which is Agfa Galileo.

Lyzan

:Sublima is precompensated so nothing will change. Your smallest dot size will be whatever it is currently set for - probably a dot size no smaller than 2% (i.e. a 4 pixel dot). You might want to reconsider why you're using :Sublima because you may not need to use it with the Trendsetter.

best, gordo

Last edited:
Hi Gordo,

Thanks. We plan to buy only the trendsetter and the tiff catcher. We are looking into the possibility to use our existing ApogeeX and :Sublima with Trendsetter.

BTW, I have posted a question about Trendsetter 800 Q and Trendsetter News/Commercial. Probably you can put some comment on it as I understand your work with Kodak.

Thanks,
Lyzan

Probably you can put some comment on it as I understand your work with Kodak.

I used to work for Creo/Kodak - three years ago. So Kodak will have to answer your questions.

Why are you using :Sublima?

gordo

@Gordo

Actually, I am asking myself the same question silently. The main reason is to be able to print greater than 200 LPI without much trouble in highlight and shadow details. However, it seems that the wider color gamut present in FM screening is lacking in :sublima.

Anyway, the company invested on it, so we want to continue using it.

Lyzan

@Gordo

Actually, I am asking myself the same question silently. The main reason is to be able to print greater than 200 LPI without much trouble in highlight and shadow details. However, it seems that the wider color gamut present in FM screening is lacking in :sublima.

Anyway, the company invested on it, so we want to continue using it.

Lyzan

The 200 lpi limit with AM screening is an Agfa limitation that may not occur with your new set up. Your company paid a premium for a deficiency. :p

:Sublima is conventional AM screening (Agfa ABS) with a restricted highlight and shadow dot size). The wider gamut of FM is the result of the size of the dots rather than how they are organized. If you insist on using an AM/XM screen then if you increase the lpi over 400 the dots will be small enough and the gamut will be similar to that of an FM screen.

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back