Apply Profile Acrobat > Fiery

pdan

I am trying to match a sample; situation -
A local shop has produced a letterhead on Bizhub 6501.
The rep for the end user has provided us pdf file. I have produced a sample on my Bizhub 5500.

The file uses a gradient, yellow which starts at 0,3,13,0. All my colors are spot on to the sample excepting the gradient. The rep thinks I should be able to, or needs me to match the lightest area of the yellow.

My equipment is calibrated to the sheet prior to the print. Comparing all the other elements of the job and knowing their level of work, I fully believe the the other shops 6501 was also calibrated (regularly).

On the sample to match, you can discernably see yellow in the end of the areas valued at 1, 2 & 3% yellow; magenta has long past faded to 0.

The physical area of the gradient is about 1.5 inches (bleeding & darkest at the head).

AA9 Seps Preview uses Simulation Profile U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2. (Is this the embedded profile or my working space?) If I change the profile to U.S. Sheetfed Coated v2 it does display more as desired, (AGFA Swop Standard really pronounces the yellow). I have not been able to get the Fiery RIP to accept what I choose in Acrobat's Advanced > Color Profile. (Color Handling is set to Acrobat Color Management)

Fiery RIP > Expert Color is set defaulted to CMYK > SWOP-Coated (EFI) > Full (Source GCR).
CMYK Profiles available do not include many options.

I'm typically happy to know I produce consitent/repeatable color. What I print this week will be consistant to what we produce next month, but...I expect that 3% yellow should never be visable (easily discernable) and that enhancement technologies and local default color handling inconsistancies are always going to be of issue...

The rep will be providing me native files. Adjusting the gradient will not pose a problem, but that does not seem the correct solution to repeatable color across independent plants.

Any insight on where I have lost my Acrobat Color Handling Profile?

Attachments

• Yellow Gradient.jpg
    Yellow Gradient.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 170
Hello pdan,
are you saying that you are using Acrobat to provide colour management to one profile (SWOP) and then asking the Fiery to provide a second colour management to the same profile (SWOP)?

Either the application provides colour management or the RIP provides colour management, but if both are doing it then you will get two amounts of colour management applied to your documents.

What happens if you drag & drop the PDF onto the Fiery print queue and process it in the RIP only?

Hello pdan,
are you saying that you are using Acrobat to provide colour management to one profile (SWOP) and then asking the Fiery to provide a second colour management to the same profile (SWOP)?

Either the application provides colour management or the RIP provides colour management, but if both are doing it then you will get two amounts of colour management applied to your documents.

What happens if you drag & drop the PDF onto the Fiery print queue and process it in the RIP only?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back