Aqueous for Digital

jrsc

Does anybody know of any equipment to do aqueous coating on digital? I have a customer that is insisting we aqueous coat all their mailings. I tried to talk them into UV but they want nothing to do with it and are insisting on aqueous.

jrsc
have you tried a mix of matte & gloss uv? we do this all the time and looks very much like AQ.

Just use a low-gloss UV. There are a ton of UV coatings out there at various gloss/matte levels. This can be further changed by the volume of coating applied.

I have beaten my head against the wall so many times with our sales and customer service people. It doesn't really matter whether we produce it via UV/Conventional/Digital/AQ/whatever. Set the quality specifications and let manufacturing figure out the best way to produce it. It is not in the customers' interest to arbitrarily dictate manufacturing methodology.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back