Are these worth anything?

ajr

I was going through alot of my fathers old things the other night, he used to be a compositor based in London. I have got loads of books and promotional items of old Fonts circa 57-63 also some Linotype promotional materials. Some of them are in mint condition some not so good. Are these worth anything do people collect these things. Thought about selling them or might just frame some of the best ones.

AjR

I'm sure there are people out there who would love to add them to a collection/library. I guarantee somebody in theTypophile community will be interested or know someone who is.

Care to share pics?

Frank Romano at RIT in the states is a notorious collector of these kinds of items. You could also try selling them on eBay.

Gordo

Answer - YES

Answer - YES

Hello ajr,

These items will be of interest to collector's of Letterpress Memorabila

Google -- Metaltype.co.uk also try stbride.org

This library which the foremost in the UK, dedicated to books on printing etc - it has a great website.

Please don't throw them away !!!!!!!!!! - donate them to St. Brides.

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
May be an off topic, but as someone above said, some people might want to collect these things and keep them in their library. I remember my father still had a clock of his father (my grand father), which he (my grand father) bought in 1946 (if I'm not forgetting). And many people were demanding that clock to keep it at their home as an antique. Though my father didn't give it ;-). He loves this clock.

About a week after you posted this initially I saw Frank at a luncheon at Graphics of the America's. I told him that you might be contacting him regarding these, he seemed interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back