Auraia screening

We've been evaluating the auraia II for a couple of weeks. Mako CTP, n91v plates, standard agfa chemistry. Easy to calibrate much lower dot gain on plate, H/l and shadows easy to control you can see 99 open, clear and consistent. I can send you samples and screenshots PM me if you want. Apparently no problems in reproduction on paper we use coated on a KBA sheetfed and a 4 color Ryobi. Marginal if any ink savings but it's too early to tell anyway. The level of detail in images is mind blowing, I never thought violet can achieve such a stunning quality on plate. It's out of this world, it's a different league, you have to see it to believe.
You need a well trained tech to set up the auraia because of the many variables involved, there is a certain procedure to pin down the correct screen build. Not a thing to play with yourself. The other downside the auraia seems more sensitive to processing conditions meaning in the past we used to push the developer beyond the change interval, an extra week 'kick' using standard 175lpi plates, not the case any more.

maxon,

I just found this thread because we were starting to look at stochastic screening and a vendor asked us if we have ever looked at Auraia screening. Are you still using the Auraia II screening? If you are have you been able to see any ink savings yet or any other issues with it other then the chemistry changes you mentioned in your earlier post.

You wouldn't happen to know of any online resources I could check out for information do you? I've done a couple of web searches and have not been able to come up with much information about it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back