Avalon vlf

testarossa

We need help with our Agfa Avalon VLF system. When plate are loaded on drum we get error "plate load failed with the following error code: CSDNF"....... Any suggestion ??
Maybe encoder ? when 1/3 of the plate is on the drum, then drum stops.. :mad:

Whats the error message in the eventlog at that time ?...
Are you aure that you did load the right platesize ?

Technicians (freelancers) installed machine 3 days ago, He hasn't identified the problem. He feels that the Drum is loosing the position. So we are not produced any plates with system. Technician told me that he think that must be damage on rotary encoder..... Drum normaly starts, but when he received command to go on position, drum is just go forwards and backwards - searching - then stops.....:mad:

I guess that there is maybe one of the cables not connected well... There are a lot cables inside the engine..I would check all the cabels...But offcourse it can be also a dirty rotary encoder..

Serviceman from Agfa has been today on visit :D, he check all the cables and he told that he must purchase Rotary encoder and Rotary driver amplifier.......:confused:, Drum started o.k., but when he received the command to accept the plate he not find position.....

I guess that there will be much more work to do ... As i understood from your previous post´s ...this freelancer did not finish the installation... Normally an installation is finished when all functions of the system has been verified and when the Optic has been adjusted (Focus, Autofocus, MAG on plate). So ... even the Agfa_Tech (I wish him good luck ... its a poor guy ) solves that problem there is still at least 2 more days work to do ...

Vlf

Vlf

Hi,

Let's start from Cabling. He probably missed the cable connection or didn't plug them in properly(Bended pins or etc).

Under the machine their a Plenty of cables which have to be connected properly. Specially cables to Rotary PCB.

Please contact me to help you.

Farshad

Thanks Farshad,
we check all cables. Now Agfa tech. take our newer power supply unit for exchange for older one, because we connected this one that Agfa tech. brought to our printhouse, and everything works well. So i think that 1 or two boards inside go to hell and tec. said that is cheaper to replace for complete, and give our to Agfa for exchange. Now i am waiting bill :-(

Vlf

Vlf

Hi,

Please make sure,
1- The load and load with all(I mean all sizes of Plates) are ok.Loading included moving the plates from tray to drum to conveyor and to the processor.
2- The laser aligned properly. LOOK for Banding and other issues on the Plates.( Like to know your exposure setting, Mag, Autofocus,Focus and Slop)
3- The compressor and Vaccum installed properly. (Vacuum & Filters)

Do not hesitate to contact me , If I can be any help to you.

[email protected]

Vlf

Vlf

Hi,

Please make sure,
1- The load and load with all(I mean all sizes of Plates) are ok.Loading included moving the plates from tray to drum to conveyor and to the processor.
2- The laser aligned properly. LOOK for Banding and other issues on the Plates.( Like to know your exposure setting, Mag, Autofocus,Focus and Slop)
3- The compressor and Vaccum installed properly. (Vacuum & Filters)

Do not hesitate to contact me , If I can be any help to you.

[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back