Avantra 25 error 62

muhija

Hello everybody,
Please can you help me with avantra 25E imagesetter?
It often display error 62 while feeding the film near take-up rollers.
I tried to change nip delay parameter with Avdiag but the error is still there!
If possible I need advice.
Thanks.

#62 - Possible Out of Media (or Jam).
For media presence Avantra uses some Sensors (reflective otocouplers) and one of them, I guess at Takup Cutter area has a bad wire contact at its 4 wires plug or at T/U SDM.
Check it first, using Avdiag "sensor check" feature and moving cable for that Sensor from both sides: Sensor and SDM plugs.
And please, restore the old value NIP delay.

Thank you Vlad for your reply.And about to restore is it necessary to restore all DEC parameters?

If you still have this problem,after you tried what Vald told you to do.
Try this.
1. Check the supply jam sensor. It is located under the B spindle roller.
2. Check take up jam sensor, located on rear nip assy.

If it was a true jam you would also be getting an error 6
I believe one of the jam sensor wheels is turning intermittantly.

STSTech

And the jam sensor is a small plastic disk (rubbered around) with 4 holes and one slotted optocoupler to "read" those holes when film moves and rotates that disk. That's not for media counter, just to signal that the film moves.

Cut the corner edges of the film after loading the cassette and make sure the right media size is loaded in the cassette and entered in OCP.Do not touch DEC Machine Parameters. You will mess up the machine. Keep the original parameters or atlease have a back up from them for now.

open the Attached file for the location of the sensors.

Attachments

• ui.jpg
    ui.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Hello,
Vlad,Farshad and STSTech.I thank you for your help.
Bit now the error changed!Today when I started the machine so that I can to do what Vlad
told me,it displayed error 01(carredge jam)and sometimes it displays error 17 after error 01.
Please what can cause that?
Thanks in advance.

Error 1 is a carriage jam. Remove film from drum, and then power up Avantra. See if you get any errors. Error 17 is spinner over speed.
What have you done, so far to clear original problem. (ie, down load?, parameter changes?, change any parts?)

STSTech

Hello,
Bit now the error changed!Today when I started the machine so that I can to do what Vlad
told me,it displayed error 01(carredge jam)and sometimes it displays error 17 after error 01.
Thanks in advance.

HI,
STStech,there is no film in the drum it still display this error after finishing to boot.
I could not clear the original problem,I started the machine so that I can do as Vlad told me and
it started with these errors.any advice?

With power off on the Avantra, open the side doors and remove light shields. Move the carriage manually, it should move smoothly
with very little resistance. One thing you want to check are the 4 thumb screws that lock the carriage inner shields to the carriage. If they are not tighten they will catch on the side of the drum.

STSTech

HI,
STStech,there is no film in the drum it still display this error after finishing to boot.
I could not clear the original problem,I started the machine so that I can do as Vlad told me and
it started with these errors.any advice?

I checked the 4 thumb screws,they are tighten and the carriage can move smoothly.
I replaced the home carriage sensor,the machine booted with no error but when I wanted to advance
the film in the drum it displayed the same error 01!

Check to see that the film lays flat on the drum, with no lifting. If you removed the nip assy, check that you did not pinch any wires when re-installing.

STSTech

Hello,
Thanks in advance.

#1 Carriage Jam
#17 Spinner Over Speed

You were suppose to check the sensors, but seems like it ended up to the carriage. Beside, lets keep it simple: check to see if the Flat Cable on the Carriage PCB to DEC is loose. Press the Flat cable all the way in on Carriage PCB side and make sure it has been properly plugged in. Also do Carriage Align on Avdiag/Unidiag and save the parameters on DEC.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
Vlad,Farshad and STSTech.I thank you for your help.Now I tried to clean the spinner encoder and it appears that
that cleared some errors(#1,#17). but now when I do advance and cut it doesn't cut it still waiting it displays
the processor timeout icon.Is it the cuter sensor problem?

Vlad,Farshad and STSTech.I thank you for your help.Now I tried to clean the spinner encoder and it appears that
that cleared some errors(#1,#17). but now when I do advance and cut it doesn't cut it still waiting it displays
the processor timeout icon.Is it the cuter sensor problem?

Confused, Confused! I was afraid of this. I thought you cleared the errors by changing carriage home sensor. How you came up to the conclusion of cleaning the encoder.

When I changed the home sensor the error 01 finished but but error 17 came often again and after
I clean the spinner encoder it did not come,now the machine finish to boot and I load the film in the drum
without problem.The problem is when I trie to advance and cut.It still display the processor time out icon a log time.And if test the cuter with Avdiag it passes OK.
Please if possible have you any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When I changed the home sensor the error 01 finished but but error 17 came often again and after
I clean the spinner encoder it did not come,now the machine finish to boot and I load the film in the drum
without problem.The problem is when I trie to advance and cut.It still display the processor time out icon a log time.And if test the cuter with Avdiag it passes OK.
Please if possible have you any advice?
Thanks in advance.

OK. Whatever! Check to see if the processor is online and ready.

Hi,
Farshad,thank you very much for your help.I checked on the processor and one of the sensors was open,
maybe that is the reason why the processor was not ready.After working on the sensor,now I can advance and cut
the film without problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back