AVANTRA 36/44 OLP Error (GI ATB V03 LUTH)

Clark

Registered Users
We are experiencing an error on our film processor.
(GI ATB V03 LUTH)

Imagesetter = AVANTRA 44
Processor = AVANTRA 36/44 OLP

In the past we were able to turn on the processor and let it warm up, usually all day until the circuit board warmed up and it would clear itself. Now that doesn't work anymore. so I tried heating up the board with a hairdryer and that didn't work either.

I did some research online and came across the attached post. That post says we have a bad capacitor C613 on the main PCB.

I was just wondering anyone has had experience with this or could give further advice or help.
Thanks.

Replace it with the same value (or higher) voltage/capacity parameters capacitor and be happy.
Your capacitor is completely dry and dead now.

Last edited:
Thanks Vlad,
I have briefly looked at what I think is the main board. I see a few capacitors but couldn't find any with that label (C613) on. I don't have a schematic but I will look closer.
If I can't figure it out, do you happen to know of anyone selling main PCB for this unit at a lower price than dealer?

Clark,

Looking at the circuit board with connectors at top and heat-sink to your left.
Capacitor (C6130) is located in the center of the board, left side of the black transformer. We also have the main PCB in stock.

STStech

Thanks STStech,
I will look at the board again. If this repair is beyond me, How much would you charge for the main PCB that you have in stock?

Have some Capacitors of the same value and tolerance in stock for back up. You will certainly will need them in the near future. Good Luck.

I am still trying to figure out which board is the main PCB and where the capacitor that is bad is. I took these pictures of the 3 boards in the metal box at the back to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.
photo-2 SMALL.jpgphoto SMALL.jpgphoto-3 SMALL.jpg

Disregard my last post. I now realize that those 3 photos were not the main board. I found it inside that metal box with the fan on it. I'm a rookie when it comes to electronics. Next i will attempt to get that board out. Thanks all.

OK, that's full description how to solve this problem.
See attachment.

Attachments

• OLP Boot Problem.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
Thanks Vlad for the very detailed info on how to fix this problem. I will try this out and let you know how it went. Thanks again!

IT'S ALIVE... IT'S ALIVE... IT'S ALIVE!!! Replacing that bad capacitor worked. Thanks to Vlad and Farshad for helping me to revive this processor. You guys are great!!!:D

You a not the only one person who fixed that problem by the same way.
Glad to make mormones happy! :)
Best regards!

Vladimir

I am also experencing the error (GI ATB V03 LUTH) with my AGFA 36/44 online processor. I have replaced c613 capacitor on the main board,but it did not work. If anyone could give me some further advice or offer me the schematic,I will be very appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back