Azura TS on Dimension 412

Jim Klann

I've got a Dimension 412 that I've been running Azura plates in and doing OK. But Agfa has replaced the plate with the Azura TS.

I'm having problems with the TS plates holding the dot below 2% and overall I'm muddy. I've tried lowering the laser powers but I can't seem to get rid of the banding.

Could it be that the laser's are burning so low that they are hard to control ? When I run a tint balance test plate I either get mid-tone banding or shadow banding !

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for any help

when we went from azura 1 to "son of azura" TS we had agfa techs come in and sort the imaging in the ctp - you had the techs in to do that?

No they have not come in.

I asked for help but because I didn't have any issues with going from the Anthem to the original Azura without help they must not think I should need help.

The fact that I'm not a big buyer (I buy around 300 to 400 a month) may be part of the problem. Additionally I'm in the "Sticks".

Where are you ? and do you have a techs name that you can pass on to me ?

I never really got the original Azura where I wanted it, when I had gradated screens going down to 0 they wouldn't hold the dot. My work around was to run the Anthem's for those jobs but as you probably know, they aren't the easiest plates to run for short runs with stop & starts.

I'm also looking in to the Aurora plates. Presstek tells me that they run better because they have a little more of a grain to them. Presstek's plate prices seem to have dropped out here (California).

What raster are you using? It could be a focus problem, or as you say a power problem.

When our machine was changed from Azura to Azura TS it was changed by adapting he speed, not the power of the lazer. Exposure is power x time. So no change in power only in speed… wich is ofcourse a greater benifit since a plate set images in 60% of the time. :)

Azura Plates on Dimension 400

Azura Plates on Dimension 400

Hi Jim,

I understand you are already using Azura plates on your Dimension 412. Can you give me any tip how to set this up on my Dimension.
Right now we are using AnthemPro plates and we do not consume very many plates, only reason I want to change over to Azura is because I believe it will run better on our press and also might be little cheeper as well.
We pay about $535.00 per 50 from Xpedex for 25x29 5/16 plate size. Can you also give some pricing info about the Azura plates if you don't mind?

Thanks,

Demir

The Dimension lasers become very unstable as you lower the power. Azura plates have traditionally performed very poorly on Presstek's Dimension plate setters for this reason. Azura plates need less power than the Presstek's Aurora or Anthem plates do.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back