Azura Vi

Gianni_S

Hi all,
We run a violet system and we're looking at chem free plates; I've read that Agfa has an Azura Vi for violet ctp.
Anyone heard about Azura Vi?
Anyone tested it on the "battlefield"?
Any impression?

Thanx a lot

Switched to Azura Vi from N91V four months ago, no problems. Quality is good, not fabulous, but the platesetter must play a role here I'm talking about an 8-year old Mako 2 with barely 18-ish micron laser spot size at 2540, perhaps modern platesetters produce finer images on Azura Vi. Do calibrate the laser intensity, the plate requires more energy. Be very careful to use the improved cleaning gum, labeled as 'improved', do not use the regular CF-Gum it DOESN'T work. Before converting your plate processor to Azura Vi, clean it like never before. PM me for more info if you want. Auguri.

Thanx a lot for your answer,
Justa another question: can you make a comparision with Lithostar LAP_V (the plates we're currently using)?

Mainly: quality of dot, lpi, behaviour in press machine.
Reading form the datasheet they seem equal, but reading your "Quality is good, not fabulous"... sounds strange.

It's incorrect at all to compare 2 different technologies: photopolymer and "silver".
LP-68/72/150 processor remains un-upgradeable for chemfree plates.

Last edited:
Thanks Vlad, I know that I have to change processor, what interested me was the press quality achieved with that kind of plates.
With LAP_V I have an incredible quality, using :Sublima screening at high lpi; with Azura Vi is the same?
The specs say so, but the fact could be different.

The two technologies are quite different. We asked around before switching to Azura Vi, most have said the plate is better quality-wise than standard chemistry photopolymer but we were unable to see this increase because of the old platesetter we have as a limiting factor. We easily obtain 2-98 percent with Azura Vi and got good results on Koenig&Bauer, a Ryobi and a Goss coldset.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back