B&W Printers

CSimpson

If you were printing approximately 500,00 impressions a month and had to keep the machine a minimum of 5 years which of the following machines would you be most likely to buy and why? Which would you be least likely to buy and why?

Xerox Nuvera 120
Xerox 4127
Oce 4120
KM 1050
Ricoh 6135
Cannon imagePRESS1125P
Kodak Digimaster 125

If you want an ultra reliable last gen machine you can't beat a 1050. But the tech is dated and a new model is due soon. Should be able to get it cheap tho.

If you were printing approximately 500,00 impressions a month and had to keep the machine a minimum of 5 years which of the following machines would you be most likely to buy and why? Which would you be least likely to buy and why?

Xerox Nuvera 120
Xerox 4127
Oce 4120
KM 1050
Ricoh 6135
Cannon imagePRESS1125P
Kodak Digimaster 125

The KM 1050 is a very reliable BW machine.

Also just released is the 950.

BOTH can be run in tandem mode, thus doubling the speed, by simply linking them with a standard Ethernet cable.

You also need to determine if finishing is an important feature. If you simply want to run it like a press then looking at an Oce would be better. (Pssssssst Konica also offers Oce products.)

I was looking for reasons not so much as suggestions. For example Kevin why would Oce be better than KM if I was just running flat sheets? X33 why choose the Nuvera?

I discarded the X4127 because it's Duty Cycle is 600k prints a month; it's Average Print Volume is 350k.

The Nuvera 100 can do 500k prints consistently every month easily. And it will allow you some growth if needed.

You could also go with 2 X4127.

Nuvera vs 4127

Nuvera vs 4127

Hi

I'm in the process of buying BW machines.
I have 6 Canon IR85

I would like to switch to Xerox but nobody can tell me the technical difference between the Nuvera and the 4127.

I know that the monthly recommended volume is higher on the nuvera but what is that based on is it a stronger motors, frame, laser transport. . . . . .

and it is really that much better than the 4127 since there is a big difference in the price of the machine

What about the FSMA on the NUvera and the 4127

Thanks
Filip

Nuvera has air feed trays the 4127 does not.
Nuvera can have several large capacity trays for sheet sizes greater than letter size the 4127 can not.
Nuvera can be connected to heavy duty finishing systems the 4127 can not.
Nuvera can have multiple high capacity trays for post fuser insertion the 4127 has a single minimal capacity post fuser inserter.
Nuvera print speed on tabloid paper is faster than on the 4127.
Nuvera can kick out unused tabs within a bank to a reject tray; to my knowledge a 4127 can not.

These are just a few differences I can think of right off the top of my head. I have had a 4595 and Docutechs and these difference are what I have experienced with what I have and what you will probably experence as well , but just to be clear I have never had a Nuvera, so there are probably other advantges to Nuvera that I don't know about.

Nuvera can have several large capacity trays for sheet sizes greater than letter size the 4127 can not.

There's an Oversized High Capacity Feeder for the Xerox 4112/4127; up to 13x19, up to 2,000 sheets, up to 110lb Cover stock.

The Xerox 4112/4127 are in the Light Production arena; while the Nuvera is in the Mid/High Production.

As you have noticed, the print volumes that a Nuvera can handle are much higher, they can easily do a million prints a month CONSISTENTLY. Inside the machine, everything is different, from paper feed rollers to fuser modules. It actually has some technology from the iGen for imaging.

One of the biggest differences is its SCALABILITY. You can add many different paper tray options and even roll feed modules; on the finishing side, there's a lot of options too from high capacity stackers to perfect binders and book factories.

Nuvera vs 4127

Nuvera vs 4127

Thanks

you know more than my xerox dealer :(

what is the FSMA difernce between 4127 and the nuvera?

What configuration would you buy if you have a monthly volume of
1.5 milion A4 pages and you have to do them in 6-7 days. (billing)

Oce 2 x 4110
Konica 2 x 1050ep
Xerox 2 x 4127
or
Xerox Nuvera 1 x 144 EA

There's an Oversized High Capacity Feeder for the Xerox 4112/4127; up to 13x19, up to 2,000 sheets, up to 110lb Cover stock.

We have the 4127 with the oversized high cap feeder and think it's great so far. The one thing that's worth mentioning is that with stock larger than A3 (i.e. SRA3) the speed of the machine is literally halved. It's not a problem for us, but might be an issue if you run a lot of SRA3 (or 13x19 in the US??).

Thanks

you know more than my xerox dealer :(

what is the FSMA difernce between 4127 and the nuvera?

What configuration would you buy if you have a monthly volume of
1.5 milion A4 pages and you have to do them in 6-7 days. (billing)

Oce 2 x 4110
Konica 2 x 1050ep
Xerox 2 x 4127
or
Xerox Nuvera 1 x 144 EA

To do that volume in 6-7 days every month, you might want to consider a couple of Nuveras, maybe 2 Nuvera 100.

The units will definetely be printing 24 hours to reach the target, and I don't think any of the other options will be reliable. They probably can do it the first month, but month after month, I think you'll start experiencing some significant downtime.

btw, is it 1.5M A4 pages single sided?

We are talking about 1.5mil pages or around 750000A4 sheets 1/1

You don't think that the 4127's will be strong enough for this kind of job?

Do you have an idea of the lifetime of the nuvera?
(30 - 50 - 80 millions) when does it start making serious problems?

Thanks
Filip

The Max Duty Cycle of the 4127 is 600k per month

The Max Duty Cycle of the Nuvera 144 is 3.7M per month

Not sure about the lifetime of it.

I would certainly consider the Oce Varioprint 4120. It prints like an offset press, the quality is beautiful, the high-capacity stacker holds 6000 sheets, you can insert covers or whatever from any tray, you can print on many varieties of stock because it is not a high heat laser printer, the click charge is very competitive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back