Barcode Software Recommendations

WI-Flexo

Looking for some suggestions for new barcode software. Looking to replace the program we currently use (mac barcoda). Please let me know what software you recommend and why.
Thanks!

What OS are you looking to support? What types of barcodes? QR? UPC?, etc.

I've been using Bar Code Pro for years. Used to use it in OS9 but got the upgrade and it runs in OS 10.4 very nicely. It doesn't do QR codes, but I can get those done on the web or at our mailhouse, so it's no biggie for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. Using OS X 10.5 and 10.6. Mainly need UPC codes but am also looking for QR and 2D-Databar creation.

eskopdl- The deskpack plugin does not handle QR codes or coupon databars. Same with the one in Artpro. Thanks Anyway.

eskopdl- The deskpack plugin does not handle QR codes or coupon databars. Same with the one in Artpro. Thanks Anyway.
The following 3 new barcode types/symbols where added to the latest version of Dynamic Barcodes: QR, microQR and microPDF417.

I've been using Barcode Producer for the last 5 or so months and really like the features it has. The ability to batch automate from a data file saves me a lot of time. The only thing lacking that you are requesting is the ability to do QR/DataMatrix codes, other than that I think you should give it a try!

cheers.

Bar Code Plug-In for InDesign CS

Bar Code Plug-In for InDesign CS

Hello All,
I am creating shelf tags for stores with bar codes using xml flowed into InDesign. At this time the xml download is being "tweaked" in Excel to get the correct barcode text string, then converted back to xml.

I would like to know if there is a barcode plug-in for InDesign that would do the "Excel fix" so that I can go back to flowing the xml straight in rather than having to do the excel workaround first.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Barcode Software "Excel Fix"

Barcode Software "Excel Fix"

Hi Dave, I cam across an excel based , OS X application at azalea.com.
They claim the ability to print UPC in batches with their EXCEL plugin. You might ask them to customize a plugin as well. Let us know what you think.

Rob,
discount ink company

Last edited:
have used teacup softwares barcodemaker pluggin in InDesign. we had them help us make a custom script so we can do search replace number strings in catalouges.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back