BasicColor anyone

cosmo

Anyone used there software?

We have an C8000 konica and they sell a package called "Color Care" which from what I can gather is a konica brand spectro using basiccolor software package.

Cheers.

We did a trial of the KM Color Care software package for our C8000, however it was sold and branded by KM.
I had a tech tell me they did purchase it from a 3rd party, so maybe that's the BasicColor company?

It seemed pretty clunky to me - To run the full thing including updating the paper profile took about 2 hours - recommended every time they swap out major parts and/or do a full PM.
Longer if you have multiple paper profiles.

Thanks for your feedback, it did sound to me like it was basically you doing most of the work instead of the techs, I just want to get the colour consistent after the techs leave, every time we get a PM the colour moves all over the place. I used to make a profile after every service, i thought the "colour care" would fix this, doesnt sound like it will.

That's been our ongoing battle with KM. Complete lack of color consistency on the machine. We get shifts from day to day (proof 1 day, different color the next). Even if we run a proof in the morning we won't match it in the afternoon. Doesn't matter how many times we calibrate - even that seems to bounce colors around. (i.e. calibrate, run something, calibrate again and that same job will have shifted)
We've also had bad shifts DURING runs. It seems like we need developer/charge unit changes way before the machine says they're due.

We were happy for about 6 months and then no matter how many parts or engineers work on it, we just can't hold color. They've even swapped the entire engine at one point. Again, it was good for a few months but goes downhill after that.

At this point my opinion is that the machine is suited for the "pleasing color" crowd, and not color-critical type work. I just wish our sales rep had told us that :)

And to get back to the point, Color Care didn't really do anything for us, because it's not something you're running on a daily basis.

I had our machine conforming to ISO proofing standards, then each pm would bring more greif, i gave up, i cant see how any ad-hoc software can fix the actual machine problems, ill tell them to shove it, thanks for your input mate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back