Beginers help for Hamada offset

berzinskristaps

Hello everyone,

Im looking for some kind of beginners information, for using Hamada 2 colour offset printing.
1. Is there some books a bout offset printing and so on ?
2. I want to buy some colors in Europe, im looking att Vanson are they a good choice?
3. By searching the internet i found out that there are many different chemicals to use also on the machine, can someone suggest a quick begginers list of what should i need to buy?
I wanto to print low quantity mailer boxes with custom client logos, maximum using 2 colours. Nothing like 10 000 pieces, just from 1000 - 2000 pieces.

Hello everyone,

Im looking for some kind of beginners information, for using Hamada 2 colour offset printing.
1. Is there some books a bout offset printing and so on ?
2. I want to buy some colors in Europe, im looking att Vanson are they a good choice?
3. By searching the internet i found out that there are many different chemicals to use also on the machine, can someone suggest a quick begginers list of what should i need to buy?
I wanto to print low quantity mailer boxes with custom client logos, maximum using 2 colours. Nothing like 10 000 pieces, just from 1000 - 2000 pieces.
It's usual to complete a 4 year apprenticeship to become a printing machinist, however if you are going to attempt offset printing yourself without training, see if you can get a copy of the Printers Pal, it's the standard textbook for apprentice printers.
The inks and fountain solution you need will depend on the configuration of your machine, if it has an integrated dampening system you will need different supplied than if it has a molletin dampeners. They will also change depending on the type of plates you are intending to run. If you're running Silvermasters you will need Silvermaster etch and fountain solution, If your running metal plates, you have a few different founts to choose from. Some decisions will be made depending on whether you run oil based or rubber based inks.
Van Son are a reputable ink supplier, but may not have the right inks for your setup.
You will also need to learn how to maintain your machine, setting rollers, keeping the feeder running correctly, setting plate & blanket pressures correctly, achieving proper ink/water balance, register, ink film thickness etc. You will need to purchase blankets and know how to properly mount and pack them, and you will need to deal with all the issues that come with being a printer.

Good luck with your venture

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back