Bizhub Konica to Oce, can we use oce toner bottles?

ZeeBees

a few months past, our local konica dealer P.O'ed the boss of our company, so we swapped our contract from konica to Oce corporate, and bought a new black canon printer in the process. All went well, but Oce did not swap our konica over to oce toner bottles, and they are now depending on the konica supply chain to supply us with toner.
I have read that the bizhub C6501 and the oce equivelent use the same toner and parts, but the bottles are different on an oce.
what can we do to convince the oce to swap us over to oce toner so that we do not have to reply on the konica supply chain, which is not working.
We know to expect Oce to sell us a new canon in a year or so, when it is more cost effective, but in the meantime, we want to be running.
our machine is a C6501. all of the parts they use are oce branded even the new computer, with the exception of the toner.

I would guess that this is political. I think Oce is supposed to continue to support their KM products for another couple years, but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't allowed to start "new" machine support now.

Most copier companies, when rebadging/rebranding, will change the shape of the neck of the bottle and the inlet on the copier side. This is usually done with keys or tabs that can be removed to make one fit the other. As a former Konica and Oce' tech, I'd simply order whatever toner you have access to and look at the old bottle versus the new to see what physical differences there are. The likelihood of them reformulating the toner, developer, charge systems, cleaning systems and drums/belts for a model acquisition is nil.

Caveat: if a toner cartridge has a chip or electrical system, it may be electronically keyed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back