Bizub Pro 1200

Craig

Going to demo a bizhub pro 1200 in a couple days. Anything I should look out for?

Right now I have a Ricoh MP9000 that's almost 5 years old and has 14.25MM on it. We average about 200K/month. The MP9000 has all but died, it's becoming a maintenance headache, it's gotta go.

Anyone have a 1200 with some volume on it? If so, what is your feedback?

Going to demo a bizhub pro 1200 in a couple days. Anything I should look out for?

Right now I have a Ricoh MP9000 that's almost 5 years old and has 14.25MM on it. We average about 200K/month. The MP9000 has all but died, it's becoming a maintenance headache, it's gotta go.

Craig - felt bad that you didn't have much response ;) so here goes:

don't have any experience of the 1200, but the input trays & finishing look a lot like the 6501 and I can tell you a little about those. Our highest count 6501 is 2 and a bit years old and on about 3M SRA3 (we only run the largest sheets) and no horror stories to tell so far. There was a niggle with the high capacity stacker (the one with the dolly) and that took about 3 visits to fix and we've had a couple of issues with the high cap feeders, but those were both fixed quite quickly. Something to do with "broken wires", sorry I don't know the technicalities. Our 6501s are run all day every day (single shift, or shift and a half, not 24hrs) so I'm pretty happy with the reliability.

I hope that helps. FWIW we have a single 4127 for the B&W. That was OK while our volumes were low on B&W, but it's not been such a happy bunny with higher volumes. It's OK when it runs, with very good image quality. But we've had several breakdowns and quality problems, and it's been a real bear to get fixed. I'm looking very closely at upgrading to an Oce 6160 and have been impressed so far with what I've seen. I realise that's too much gun for your situation, but might be worth putting Oce into the evaluation mix.

Bizhub pro 1200

Bizhub pro 1200

We've got a 1051 (exactly the same engine) with about a million on it. Typical monthly volumes in the 80-150k range. No major problems - it just seems to run. We have the suction-fed high capacity trays: they feed just about anything we put in them, including litho preprinted shells.

The one thing that I regret not buying is the high-capacity stacker. As with many machines of this type, the standard finishers don't really complement the high-cap feeders that well.

Thanks for the responses, going tomorrow AM to demo, will let you know what I think.

the input trays & finishing look a lot like the 6501 and I can tell you a little about those.

Actually, they are the same exact trays found on the 8000 or 1051, the "suction" fed ones. I am told you can also get the trays with rollers similar to the 6500/6501, but I'm not sure why you would want to. I have 2 C8000s and 2 1200s with the newer style trays, and they've been great so far. They are a little different at first, until you get used to them, but I think they're far superior.

So the demo went well. It looks as if this is going to be a good fit in my shop. Now just need to sit down and figure out what configuration will "fit" physically! Thanks for the input!!

One of the unmentioned bonuses is the amount of flat workspace you'll get, especially on the bulk cassette units, but continuing down the length of the train.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back