Blade pitch???

tomatron

Has anyone ever played around with the pitch of the blade on the guillotine cutter? I'm just wondering if the pitch would have any effect on the transfer of dry ink where the blade cuts through a bleed and transfers it to the backside of the sheet?

Thanks in advance,

I have seen just about every configuration you can think of when it comes to people trying to outsmart the Knife Manufacturers...... Absolutely the best recipe to help you is removing the air from your work and maybe reducing clamp pressure. I have personally never really seen anything make a significant difference....

JW

If the ink is transferred to the next page (this is mostly dark blue) you need coating on the sheets. Afterwards cut.

Buntpapier

Sheet Movement

Sheet Movement

Sheet Movement and Knife Angle.

Hello tomatron,

Having spoken to some Bindery Operations colleagues re - this problem, their opinion

is that the sheets are moving during guillotining. They recommend the following course

of actions, see the PDFs, but with two proviso 1) is the Ink Dry, not just surface dry?

2) the correct Knife Angle?

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• guillotine # 1272.pdf
    406 KB · Views: 196
  • guillotine # 2273.pdf
    346.8 KB · Views: 196
  • guillotine # 3274.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
@ Alois
Good explanation if it come to clamp pressure and knife angle. For 99.9 % of all situations very use full.

Buntpapier

P.S: Alois Senefleder died February 26. 1834 ???????????

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back