bookletmaker

Sundance

need some assistance on finding a bookletmaker that can create booklets smaller than 5.5x8.5..maybe as small as 3.5x5

any help would be appreciated

t

We did small booklets 2-up, folded to 4.25x11 and then trimmed them out. Depending on your machine, you can set the spread to hit the center of each booklet with 1 staple, or spread to hit 1 position with 1 staple on each book and add the second staple after trimming them out. I know that one machine was a cheap MBM. Don't remember what the other one was.

yes, we do it that way sometimes.. i was looking for a 2 staple solution to avoid hand stapling/finishing..
thanks for your input.
t

Specs for this Duplo say minimum booklet trim size is 3.35" x 4.27". I had one of them for a while - wasn't a bad machine if the volume wasn't to heavy.

Last edited:
yes, we do it that way sometimes.. i was looking for a 2 staple solution to avoid hand stapling/finishing..
thanks for your input.
t
Have you looked closely at your machine? I think the MBM we had could easily handle a second set of heads and anvils.

Specs for this Duplo say minimum booklet trim size is 3.35" x 4.27". I had one of them for a while - wasn't a bad machine if the volume wasn't to heavy.
Your link doesn’t work for me but I’m assuming it is to the DBM-150…I have had one of these machines since December. We got it specifically for the size range and compact foot print. It isn’t a completely perfect design but it has been a great investment for us…our in house booklet runs are usually in the hundreds at the most, this makes quick work out of that despite hand feeding, fairly thick books, and supports our most common odd size jobs also (unlike most inline booklet makers).

Your link doesn’t work for me but I’m assuming it is to the DBM-150…I have had one of these machines since December. We got it specifically for the size range and compact foot print. It isn’t a completely perfect design but it has been a great investment for us…our in house booklet runs are usually in the hundreds at the most, this makes quick work out of that despite hand feeding, fairly thick books, and supports our most common odd size jobs also (unlike most inline booklet makers).
Sorry - link should be fixed. And yes, it's the DBM-150

We have a Morgana 104 Squarefold on the end of our Duplo DBM150T, makes more a really compact full solution where space is limited

need some assistance on finding a bookletmaker that can create booklets smaller than 5.5x8.5..maybe as small as 3.5x5

any help would be appreciated

t
I do books that are very small, like 4.25x5.5" 2 up (8.5x11") 1 staple per book. Everyone seems to accept 1 staple per book. Also a lot cheaper than dealing w/ 2 stitches. Run much better 8.5x11"

I use a BLM550 inline on the back end of an Oce6180 . Up to 6 stitches. Up to 50 sheets (200 pgs) Square spine etc. 2 Up 3 Up booklets. w/ 1 or 2 staples each, final trim off line. Any size you want, off line. ((I have a BLM600 on a newer install.. 3 side trim. Garbage.))

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back