Breaking up Accuset 1000

MickRose

I have an Accuset 1000 imagesetter (Leeds, UK) which I'd like to get rid of. It would cost quite a bit to move it out of it's 1st floor home so even if someone wanted the machine (very unlikely I know) it would probably cost more to move it than the machine is worth. I'm thinking about breaking it up but I'm a bit concerned about safety issues with lasers and power supplies etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Once the imagesetter is unplugged from electrical supply, there is very little to be concerned about.
I do remember a very heavy unit at the bottom of the imagesetter, probably just a concrete slab wrapped in metal jacket to look fancy...

Or this.
1591739712158.png

Parts of the machine might be valuable for some folks. I would place and ad on eBay on the main parts, before scrapping.

To paraphrase Puch, one man´s junk is another mans treasure.
It´s valuble just for the stepping motors, add the spinner and high quality mirrors and boards. Heck, even the take up cassette can be found on e-bay for 100 quid.
Just as a rule of thumb, if the spinner isn´t blind and the lasers still do their stuff and the machine is in a decent condition then you are looking at a machine value between 1000 and 2000 Euros.

I thought I'd better turn it on if I'm going to try to try and sell it and I'm getting an error "42 Lead Mtr Error". Anyone know what this means?

Not a big deal. Incorrectly seated film cassette, loose (or seized) friction wheel, or failure of loading motor driver. When you see CODE on display you have 5 seconds to specify the forced-load mode by pressing the key then you should get ON_LINE.

I've managed to get it online but now the imaging light is continuousing flashing and I'm getting a media Media Error message as well as a 0.0 on the display. In the film cassette there is a small tension spring fitting which I have managed to break.

Oooo! Take a look where the input cassette is slotted in, there is a plastic nubble that snaps off really easy, that will cause problems with media error.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back