C6501 maintenance issues

Denis9595

Please advise if you know what is the usual schedule for service of C6501, if it is contracted with KM. Preciselly, does it mean that parts (drums, developers...) are to be changed when their life is over 100%, no matter what number of cliks counter list shows, or they should be replaced after 200.000 clicks, although their life will be over 130% at that time, as I was told by KM (counter list is attached). If so, what is the purpose of percentages?

Attachments

• Counter List KM 29.12.2010 copy..jpg
    Counter List KM 29.12.2010 copy..jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 211
Please advise if you know what is the usual schedule for service of C6501, if it is contracted with KM. Preciselly, does it mean that parts (drums, developers...) are to be changed when their life is over 100%, no matter what number of cliks counter list shows, or they should be replaced after 200.000 clicks, although their life will be over 130% at that time, as I was told by KM (counter list is attached). If so, what is the purpose of percentages?

I am just a lowly operator, but from what I see, yes it is about time for some parts replacement. I would check with your contract maintenance folks.

Bretman

We are in Australia and our techs do 'Scheduled Maintenance' once the counters reach 100%...

They check the counters each time they come out and when they get to say 90% they order the parts so that next time they come out they can put them in...

This is a particularly good practice i don't know what other KM owners are getting...

That said, they say the parts are usually good for 150% - 200% before image deterioration occurs... So although they get prepared to change the parts at 100% they aren't in a particular rush to change them on exactly 100% so if they are busy there is no real urgency...

What is long paper? We pretty much do them around the 100% mark. If you are single click SRA3 then meter counts go out the window.

330x487mm (max size) is long paper, we are on 2clicks for SRA3. If the parts are changed around 100% I will never have my machine in top shape since not all the parts are worn evenly, percentages just confuse. I will never have new drums, new coronas and new developers at the same time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back