cable for Avdiag

manidi

HI,
Anyone can help me to get diagram for cable used
between laptop and agfa imagesetter when using Avdiag software?
Thanks in advance.

Avdiag communication

Avdiag communication

HI,
Now I have the right cable but when I connect the machine to my laptop
and I open the Avdiag software it displays this message:
The system cannot open COM1 requested by the application.And if I try
to ignore it display :command TIMEOUT error.If I press any key
to continue it display the message NO ENGINE RESPONSE.I press esc to continue and
I can enter in each menu of the software but there is no communication
between the laptop and the imagesetter.I don't know again what to do.
Please I need help if anyone can help and give me others advices.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Avdiag configuration

Avdiag configuration

Hello,
Vladcanada,now how to configure it?Since when I go in utilities ofAvdiag and
then config comm port I see only the following:
COM1-none
COM1-XON/XOFF
COM2-none
COM2-XON/XOFF
ATMSCC
I don't see other configuration you told me.
The Avdiag that I have is version 2.63.Is it the problem of the software?Or
It is not well installed?

Manidi, with all due respect I tried to help you but at this stage I advise you to seek qualified assistance in order to obtain a proper diagnose and repair as necessary. You cannot configure a com port let alone entering the avdiag it's going to be a pandora box for most people. Sorry about the hard words but you'd better save some money and time getting the proper help, that's all. You want your machine sorted, just call a techie and get it done. Simple.
Good luck.

+1 of my vote to maxon's voice.
And support of users (who even has no competence in equipment) of special SW created for servicemen, not for end-users... at open public forum... nonsence.

Listen to Val. You are in the process of destroying your Dec /K1 Chip. Assuming you are connecting to Avantra Engine.:(

I suggest to reinstall the Avdiag on your desktop. Hope the configuration of your cable in OK.

Cable

Cable

Hi, I need the same cable... Can anyone help me? The cable must be null modem or crossed?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the advice and for the quick answer , I will be careful... But it c ant be worst... I get error 155 :( ...

155 Diag to DEC K-4 handshake failed

Your DEC PCB has probelm. K-4 Chip has no communication with Diag Chip on the DEC board. You wouldn't be able to program the chip. You will see the same error on Unidiag or Avdiag.

This is the Pcb causing the problem on the right hand door.
http://www.armyaservices.com/spare-parts-for-sale/Agfa-Avantra-30/-44s-Spare-Parts-continued.html

What kind of Avantra is that?

155 Diag to DEC K-4 handshake failed

Your DEC PCB has probelm. K-4 Chip has no communication with Diag Chip on the DEC board. You wouldn't be able to program the chip. You will see the same error on Unidiag or Avdiag.

This is the Pcb causing the problem on the right hand door.
http://www.armyaservices.com/spare-parts-for-sale/Agfa-Avantra-30/-44s-Spare-Parts-continued.html

What kind of Avantra is that?

I just set you a PM (private message) check your inbox.

Hi, my Avantra is a 44s and you was right, i can t program the chip... Is there another solution without replacing the DEC?

Hi, my Avantra is a 44s and you was right, i can t program the chip... Is there another solution without replacing the DEC?

Yes...... pfernandes. Assuming the problem is the chip. You need some tools to fix it. Very expensive programmer and PCB. I can give you a quote, but I am sure you will rather to go for the new DEC. What you need now, isn't the DEC board. You have to try to reprogram the DEC K1 Chip. I can help you to give it a try. Perhaps, you will be able to get it running. MAYBE!!!! You tried to reprogram it and you couldn't. Let's do it once together. I can get around the Chip, but no promises!

Do you have the Unidiag/Avdiag/Cable/firmwares/service manual?

You will find me on skype, Armyaservices1 is the ID. Contact me!

[email protected]

Last edited:
Av Diag Cable Pinout

Av Diag Cable Pinout

Hello

I need the pinout for a cable to be used for diagnosing an Avantra 25 with avdiag, any one can help me?, i'm a Electronic Engineer.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back