Callas PDF toolbox trimbox size info

Gianni_S

Hi Forumers,
how are you?
How is that period of Covid-19?
Personally is a disaster, no job, no income, nothing at all... worried? Yes, a lot. But We will survive!
Where I work, we decided to jump off the cloud. So new software, new way to work, and everything to learn again. That's cool!
So instead of Pitstop we are now running Callas pdftoolbox. I admit to be very impressed.
Powerful software quite logic and easy to use.
There is only a thing that is struggling me (a stupid one):
How to visualize the size of the trimbox of my pdf?
Boxes are displayed correctly but I cannot find any windows where the exact size is displayed.
Someone of you could be so kind to help me?
Thanks a lot!

G:

Hello Gianni,

the only way to get the size of the TrimBox in pdfToolbox (currently) is to run a Check, then look up the needed info in the report. This is a frustrating way to work, but that's what you have.

Hello Gianni,

the only way to get the size of the TrimBox in pdfToolbox (currently) is to run a Check, then look up the needed info in the report. This is a frustrating way to work, but that's what you have.

Hi Puch,
thanks for your answer. Running a check is better than nothing. I was consuming my brain searching for a way to do it!
So, many many many many thanks for this precious help. I really appreciate it!

G:

You do not need PitStop or Callas Toolbox, you will get the information about boxes rather quickly with the Crop-Tool in AcrobatPro too

(look at the screenshot attached, the tool last right in the Menue on top, just choose the box you want to know top left in the dialogue and then look below the preview...)

Page Crop Tool Acrobat.png

Gianni, all boxes can be turned on and off in the dimension drop-down in the lower left-hand corner, you could also create a fixup that puts the lines on a PDF for you, and then another fixup that would then take them off, or put them on a layer, lots of options! get in contact if you would like further help
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 13.26.47 pm.png

You do not need PitStop or Callas Toolbox, you will get the information about boxes rather quickly with the Crop-Tool in AcrobatPro too

(look at the screenshot attached, the tool last right in the Menue on top, just choose the box you want to know top left in the dialogue and then look below the preview...)

View attachment 290557
Thanks Ulrich… in the last months I have started an experiment "prepress could survive without Adobe?"
I might admit that the answer is YES… With some workaround, or it is just me that I have to reprogram my mind.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

You can also view crops via Output Preview which is part of the Acrobat Print Production tools and there is also a preference setting to show page boxes as well.

Thanks Ulrich… in the last months I have started an experiment "prepress could survive without Adobe?"
I might admit that the answer is YES… With some workaround, or it is just me that I have to reprogram my mind.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
We have experimented with a new solution we are developing "prepress could survive with only a web browser UI with pdfToolbox in the back end" ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back