Can any one recommend a good Print Service Solutions familiar with web to print

cbooker

I am an owner of a small peronalized stationery store that is in the process of building a website that will allow the customer to personalize our stationery. We have a printing company that will fulfill and print our products but we need a better template manager ( i.e using an indesign document) and we need a better web-to-print or pdf conversion software package. For outsourcing to a print and fulfillment facility.

We recently learned about XMPIE and are very interested because of the ability to tag indesign documents and intergrate it into our current webdesign.

Can anyone comment on another or better VDP solution other than XMPIE and also recommend a solutions company. I really don't care where they are located. but we are located in the midatlantic coast region.

Thanks

Hello cbooker!

Recommendations are cheap if they are made without understanding the issue. There are over 75 W2P Solutions on the market today. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some are expensive while others are inexpensive. From your description, I have no idea of the complexity of your need or the size and sophistication of the market you are hoping to address with your solution. If you would like to contact me off-line and give tell me what your objectives are, perhaps I may be able to direct you to a solution that fits your objectives. There is no charge for this consultation.

Bob

Hi,

I work for a Print Service/Fullfillment Provider in Seattle. We bought XMPie's Personal Effect's System last July to bring a complex web to print workflow in-house. We were working with a local SAS pageflex based provider and we decided that we could better service our client if we managed the complete web to print workflow in-house inconjunction with adding XMPie's cross media capabilities to the list of services we can offer. If you have any technical question about XMPie, I would be happy to try to answer any questions.

Hi, just seen your post, and I would like to know if you could help me with a solution. I have a small printshop, with laser copiers, and large format printers, and I'm looking for a w2p solution, that basicly would do online estimates, and create our orders for internal use.

Can you advice me on this please

Regards
Rui Câncio

Hello cbooker!

Recommendations are cheap if they are made without understanding the issue. There are over 75 W2P Solutions on the market today. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some are expensive while others are inexpensive. From your description, I have no idea of the complexity of your need or the size and sophistication of the market you are hoping to address with your solution. If you would like to contact me off-line and give tell me what your objectives are, perhaps I may be able to direct you to a solution that fits your objectives. There is no charge for this consultation.

Bob

Re: Your W2P Solution Inquiry

Re: Your W2P Solution Inquiry

Hello Rui!

Regarding your request for help with an online estimating and order processing solution for a small print shop, I would like to think that I could. However, I will need more information before giving you a definitive answer. Would you care to contact me offline at 770-554-8729 or [email protected]. Looking forward to learning more about your needs and requirements and then making an educated recommendation.

Bob Bliss

Web2Print with online estimating and design

Web2Print with online estimating and design

Hello,

We are in the process of rolling out the newest version of our TribalSketch solution. This new version has full ecommerce capabilities. With support for more than 23 payment processing systems - I am sure we can integrate with most existing credit card systems.

It has online design using a powerful Flash based design tool and online proofing with our live action "FlipProof" tool.

TribalSketch includes custom website design or integration and is very inexpensive!

Please give me a call so we can arrange a demonstration.

David Lewis 847-202-8424

Yeah, you might have to do a fair amound of research on this one. May I recommend www.w2ptestdrive.com, a new site that PIA/GATF has recently launched. It gives you a good overview of who the major players in web-2-print are. If you are looking more for personalization, I ended up going with a solution called FORIX PrintBridge (www.forixprintbridge.com). If you are going for something fairly high end in terms of VDP capabilities, XMPie or something similar might do the trick. You can always ask for references and see how it really works for people in the field.

I am an owner of a small peronalized stationery store that is in the process of building a website that will allow the customer to personalize our stationery. We have a printing company that will fulfill and print our products but we need a better template manager ( i.e using an indesign document) and we need a better web-to-print or pdf conversion software package. For outsourcing to a print and fulfillment facility.

We recently learned about XMPIE and are very interested because of the ability to tag indesign documents and intergrate it into our current webdesign.

Can anyone comment on another or better VDP solution other than XMPIE and also recommend a solutions company. I really don't care where they are located. but we are located in the midatlantic coast region.

Thanks

I would love to help you. We recently purchased Pageflex and are building sites. Yes, you can use InDesign to make templates. Pageflex is the best W2P solution. It offers the most flexibility.

John - Baldwinpress.net - 707-927-1315

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back