Can OS X 10.6.8 run CS5? Any advice regarding either?

MJNC

Hi PrintPlanet Folk!
We have CS5 but are looking to get Carbon Copy Cloner, which requires at least 10.6.8 (currently running 10.5.8).
Any advice is regarding any of this is appreciated.
Thanks!!
_mjnc

Peace to the PrintPlanet!

Hi Prepressdork! (Love the name...)
I am reading online about people’s horror stories of using CS5 with OS X 7.x;
Would you recommend OS X 10.6.8 or 10.7 for CS5? Have you had experience with both?
Thanks!!
_mjnc

I’m thinking we’ll go 10.6.8, as 10.7 seems to have major issues...
Thanks guys!
Appreciate the help.

I have very little experience with 10.7 and above but I can tell you that CS4-CC runs just fine in 10.6.8 (at least in my environment).

Yes, the Adobe website tells you OS 10.7 for CC

Adobe tech support also says that CC must be run under 10.7 and higher. However, I am running CS4, CS5.5, CS6, and CC under 10.6.8, with no issues. Just make sure that you have the fonts Tahoma and Verdana installed for CC Illustrator to work correctly.

-Sev

Gordo - I'm running CS 3,4,5,6 and CC . . .. on my intel mac 6.8 -

But I just went over to the MAC that drives my TOPAZ scanner and its got a working version of Photoshop 4.01 on it . .. oh the good old daze . . . :eek:

We have CS5 but are looking to get Carbon Copy Cloner, which requires at least 10.6.8 (currently running 10.5.8).
Any advice is regarding any of this is appreciated.

I would recommend 10.6.8 over 10.5.8 any day.
If the only reason is running Carbon Copy Cloner, why not use SuperDuper?
Version 2.7.2 needs 10.6, but the 'older' version 2.7.1 still works on Tiger en Leopard 10.5.

I have nothing but good experiences with SuperDuper... Easy and reliable.

SuperDuper!

If you scroll down to system requirements on the right there's a link to the 'older' 2.7.1 version.

We've got CS5 on 10.6.1. We never updated farther than that because of a nearby shop that had problems with their "digital press" once they went to 10.6.4, and we had the same model. No problems ever with CS5. I hope we don't ever have to go to that Cloud nonsense.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back