Canon 6000/7000 Blues - A Local Problem or National Problem?

JMSDP

I have a Canon 6000VP. I am a small digital printer and I rely on it heavily.

I have posted before about my miserable experience with the service as it relates to this machine and have recieved many supportive posts and emails. Many of these, have a common theme: there are many unhappy Canon 6000/7000 owners out there.

To be fair, I actually think the machine itself is pretty good. When it is running properly, I am proud to sell the output. The major issue has to do with service. When my machine goes down, the folly begins - untrained/lazy techs, no parts, and incompetent service management. I am often down for multiple days.

I am in the DC area. Canon USA is my service supplier.

I am trying to determine if this is a local problem or a company wide problem.

Can people in other regions give me their input? Is the service team working with you living up to your expectations? Am I the only Canon 6000 / 7000 owner singing the blues?

Speaking from the service end. I myself find this to be unacceptable. I myself would be searching for a better service provider. Ikon/Ricoh is the best and is only getting better.

I REALLY hope this isn't what I think it is, and if so I REALLY wish PrintPlanet.com would implement some regulations about this kind of thing.

"vwrome" if you are a Sales/Service representative please be courteous enough to identify yourself in your signature. If you're a happy customer, please be courteous enough to share your experiences.

I REALLY hope this isn't what I think it is, and if so I REALLY wish PrintPlanet.com would implement some regulations about this kind of thing.

"vwrome" if you are a Sales/Service representative please be courteous enough to identify yourself in your signature. If you're a happy customer, please be courteous enough to share your experiences.

Look at his previous posts and that will give you your answer.

Hint: He seems to like Ricoh

I do not believe that your issues are isolated. When we first started purchasing Canons many years ago we have seen a tremendous downhill spiral in service and parts. Originally their service and response times were great. But over the past year especially, we have noticed that our parts are very slow in getting here. And when you speak to Canon, their attiude towards customer service isn't very good. It's to bad, they used to be a great company. But, I suppose all companies at one time or another experience the same shortcomings when it comes to customer support. I know from past experience that we have had the same problems, at different times with Ricoh, Xerox and Minolta. I guess the key is to get a great guarantee before purchasing, IN WRITING, and then hold their feet to the fire. I know this approach has worked great for us. Good luck.

The issue might be Canon.

When I was in the market for a new digital press I went to a demo of a Canon 6000 and the machine just didn't perform well and both the sales and tech people insisted that the equipment was performing just fine.

And for the Ikon guy, I thought Ikon didn't sell Canon any more...

I am a production manager in a Florida digital shop and we have had a 6000VP for about 9 months now.
It ran perfect for the first 6 months and we run it hard. That is about the time the Dev units and parts start to wear out. From that point on it's been find and replace. We carry our service through Zeno and have an excellent service tech that really looks out for us. That's not to say we don't experience some issues, but I'm answering the original post when I say it's up to your senior service tech to fight for your parts and you to put the pressure on him when your down. Now having said that I know the techs actually get sudo charged for the parts and they get graded for up time and part use. I have found that creating an honorable working relationship with my senior service tech has really helped me when I do have a service need. Have the service tech show you how to get into service mode and show you the parts and consumable meters. When they get close to 100% usage give your senior tech a call and give him a heads up. He'll appreciate it and will most likely make sure your parts will be there when needed. These service guys are busy and we all share some responsibility when it comes to keeping our machines up. Good Luck!

Sorry, I can't help but am a fellow sufferer with a Cannon ImageRunner C5180. Our small publishing company leased a new C5180 which worked fine for a few months, then it started making screeching sounds. The maintenance contractor fixed that then we started having a host of problems. You name it we had it: constant jamming, color inconsistency, skewing (lots of problems with this). The net result (over a period of 8 months) was the printer was out of commission more than 50% by the maintenance company records. We tried to get out of lease with no luck and am involved in legal action. If there is anyone out there who has had similar problem with this machine, I would appreciate knowing it. Or if you have had good results with it, I would like to know that as well. Perhaps we just got hold of a lemon.

In particular I am trying to find information on what the "normal" average downtime is on digital printers. If any of your responders have any information in this regard or can tell me where to find it, it would be greatly appreciated

If the modifications and software are up to date your machine should be running well. Our machine had a ton of updates to the developer and drum area as well as software. Now it runs fine.
Go back to your service tech and ask if he has all of the mods.

I hate to say it, but CBS, Canon Business solutions is not your best bet for service. I work for a 55 year old independant dealer, and we have an extreamly agressive and pro-active approach to ImagePress products. We have taken over service on just about every imagepress in our city placed by a former national group, and the response we have got from those customers about our service is quite telling.

Real horror stories. Canon makes very high quality products, but reliability is made up of two parts, reliable and quality unit, + reliable and quality service.

I am a production manager in a Florida digital shop and we have had a 6000VP for about 9 months now.
It ran perfect for the first 6 months and we run it hard. That is about the time the Dev units and parts start to wear out. From that point on it's been find and replace.....!

I also work for an independent dealer and we have had excellent results with these systems. Yes, you are going to have service. The issue above is based on the techs not doing the suggested PM's. There are quite a few PM's and some of the tech's will get lazy and the customer pays with downtime. Meet with the service manager and get the attention you deserve. It is excellent equipment and nothing puts down a better image on paper. When the PM's are done on schedule the gear runs great.

I have a Canon 6000VP. I am a small digital printer and I rely on it heavily.

I have posted before about my miserable experience with the service as it relates to this machine and have recieved many supportive posts and emails. Many of these, have a common theme: there are many unhappy Canon 6000/7000 owners out there.

To be fair, I actually think the machine itself is pretty good. When it is running properly, I am proud to sell the output. The major issue has to do with service. When my machine goes down, the folly begins - untrained/lazy techs, no parts, and incompetent service management. I am often down for multiple days.

I am in the DC area. Canon USA is my service supplier.

I am trying to determine if this is a local problem or a company wide problem.

Can people in other regions give me their input? Is the service team working with you living up to your expectations? Am I the only Canon 6000 / 7000 owner singing the blues?
I am singing the blues from Italy....

I have the Canon 6000 (Canon 6000 and canon 7000 are the some machine, the only difference it is the number of pages for minute)
I have the Canon C6000 (no VP), before I had the Xerox 250
This printer, for quality it is the best, much better then Xerox, even IGEN4
The big, big, big problem is the affidability of the machine
In 2 years, the technician came almost 200 times.
If I print today 5.000/10.000 pages the day after I have to call the Canon men
I did almost 2.000.000 copy, but I can't plane a serious work, because in the morning when I start the machine I do not know if IT IS OK or I get the error number ##### ## ## and I have to call the technician.
It is not a problem of technician, the problem is the printer. This model (6000 and 7000) have structural problem, and the assistance cost a lot of money to the company that make assistance to you, and they are tired to come every 3/4 day to assist you
I am giving the problem to my layer, and it is starting a case against Canon
I pay the machine 115,000.00 Euros
Mario

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back