Canon 6000vp Magnetic Stock

As a former Konica tech, the idea or running anything magnetic through that machine scares the crap out of me. However, I have heard of this being done on 6500.

As for a Canon machine, I would highly recommend speaking to your tech before putting anything like that through your machine.

Magnecote on KM

Magnecote on KM

I was told it ran without a hitch from a visiting Magnecote Rep. and it did run without a problem on my old Canon C1 no problems. I tried printing a few test sheets on my current KM 6501 Pro and will not do it again. It grabbed on to the fusing roller and infused itself to it. It was a melted mess that took me a little over an hour to clean up. Sometimes the edges are very dirty as well right from the manufacturer so you'll get little tidbits of the magnetic material onto the drum and takes forever to get rid of them. If you do try some, maybe wipe of each sheet before attempting to run through. Good luck, by I won't put through my machine again.
Erik

I think when I heard of the 6500 running these types of stocks, they were done using slip sheets between each sheet, and on a lower gsm setting or something like that. it took a bit for them to get it to work. But Its not something I would recommend

No magnetic stock in Canon...

No magnetic stock in Canon...

Anyone know if the Canon 6000vp will run Magnetic stock (i.e. Magnecote)?

Thanks

We could never get any to feed in a 7000VP and were told that the ultrasonic sensor used in the double sheet detector does not like it. We run 15mil unmagnetized Bravo through our Xerox 8000 pretty well though the feeder tears through a few sheets every run. I think it's actually made by Flexmag but we buy it through Mac Papers.

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back