Can't access JT's - ApogeeX 4 - Help!

RVNG

We had power outage over the weekend, after restarting the AX servers I get this message:

"Your ApogeeX System diskstorage is not readable. Please check. The reason can be a disabled disk."

Servers seem fine to me, ApogeeX is started, clients can access the system, job list is there just can't open/create any JT's or view any properties on existing JT's. Strange... help!!

Thanks,
Christian.

Hi,
I got an Apo X too and I know what you mean.
Check these items:
-the sql server running
-discs are enabled
If the databes is not running, start it and then restar the server machine, if the discs are disabled, enable them and restart ApoX
Usually when electricity fail ApoX disable automatically all the disc to prevent data damage.
Hope you'll solve!

G.

Hello Gianni,

Yes please, the procedure would be a great help. As far as I can tell discs are enabled and the SQL server is running. How do you check if the database is running?

Thanks,
Christian

If the sql is running, also the database is running...
to check the discs:
Log in into a client (windows system required) as administrator; click on System administration in the low left part of the mask, now you should see all the TPs installed... on the top of this window you have 2 icon named ApogeeX, click the one with a computer design (should be the one on the right)... on the low part of the windows you'll find an HD icon named Storageserver... click it... click on the tab "monitor discs"... if they're red means disabled... click on the red and there's the button "enable or activate" under the list of discs.
That's it, good luck!

Funny, there are only storagedisks locations listed for our failover system... all the drives on our Axserver box are enabled.
The only thing that happened out of the ordinary this morning (besides the power outage) was I accidentally launched Apogee from the Console of the Failover box... I stopped it immediately though. Could that have deleted the storage disk locations on the Axserver box?

I created a new Diskstorage instance - pointing all (sys,temp,raster,PDF) to my E: where the ApogeeDatastore is and everything seems to be working... It was an educated guess on my part, so I will now test everything to see it's truly working proper.

Thanks,
Christian

I thought it was working but now I am getting many errors: cannot find PDFs, failed embedded font for tect mark, etc... looks like it back to the drawing board for me...

What database locations do others have for the Sys, temp, raster and PDF files? Are they within the ApgeeDatastore folder? or somewhere else?

To check the SQL server, I am simply viewing it's 'Service' - it says it is 'started' - Does that mean it is running?
I noticed that the system tray used to have liitle Icon for the SQL server, it is not there... how do you check?

I am sorry oz64, it's been a few years now that I have been away from Apogee. I can't remember my solution and have lost my notes. I do apologize. Good luck.

Christian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back