Caring

Cory Smith

214-Caring.png

I remember being asked the same question just weeks after the boss changed inks, plates, fountain solution, silicone and blankets (of which only the plates were an improvement). I told him to complain to the purchasing agent.

It is discouraging to have a 'designer' say, "It's not exactly what I wanted, but I guess it is the best you can do..."

After a while, you just get the "caring" beat out of you. Especially when the so-called "experts" telling you what to do have never actually done what you do.

Quantity over quality, the more out the door the more you could bill for. That was the philosophy of my first print house. It never had to be right, until the customer complained. Sh*t in sh*t out, nobody cared :(

Glad to say I have not worked for them for almost 10 years.

I worked in a trade shop on the advent of desktop publishing where the manager during his monthly meeting informed everyone that there is software out there that can do what we do so why should he continue to pay our hefty salaries..... this speech was followed by coke and Pizza's

My caring was taken out of me by uncompetent crappy "designers"...

If they even don't themselves care about their jobs, why should I ???

Why should I save their poor asses without any thanking ?

Why should I help them to pretend to be designers althought they are not ?

It is discouraging to have a 'designer' say, "It's not exactly what I wanted, but I guess it is the best you can do..."
Just answer him/her:
"That's the best possible with the crappy file you gave to us..."

You also can add:
"... and it would have been even far worst without the 3 hours of reworking and corrections done by our pre-press!!!"

And if you need more cheering up, you can finish with:
"Perhaps you should consider having a real training? Or make another job more in your (intellectual) capabilities? like moping the floor..."

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back