Challenge 305 Troubleshooting...

kdw75

Friday our cutter was working fine. We came in Saturday to finish up some work and noticed the printers that weren't on battery backup were off. So there must have been a power loss. I turn on the 1998 305MPC and as usual after a power loss, the back gauge readout shows 55 inches. I run the back gauge to the front to re-calibrate it, but it didn't work this time. Now when you run it forward, the readout goes down past zero then jumps up to 69 inches and will even run into the clamp. I tried killing the power a couple of times and each time it does the same. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I might try? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi sir:
Please follow the steps attached, and fix it.
However test the battery for low voltage, can be the Big possibility, If you Never replace the back up battery, the information is Lost, and need to Reinstall the software.
Let me know, sincerely

Blessing

[email protected]

Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

Attachments

• Challenge 305'1.png
    Challenge 305'1.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 523
  • Challenge 305'2.png
    Challenge 305'2.png
    391.9 KB · Views: 508
kdw - I had 1990's 305 MPX's. Every time we had a brief power outage, we got the 55" display. From what I remember, there were two separate memory reinitialize routines that we had to perform, just like the one in the 2nd page Chock showed. They're a little tricky to fully follow along with but they worked for us.

kdw - I had 1990's 305 MPX's. Every time we had a brief power outage, we got the 55" display. From what I remember, there were two separate memory reinitialize routines that we had to perform, just like the one in the 2nd page Chock showed. They're a little tricky to fully follow along with but they worked for us.

This sounds like what happened. Our battery failed most likely, we didn't even know there was a battery. Our cutter doesn't have the CRT monitor. After checking the serial number it is a 1994.

I found our operators manual, but it says that to re-program you need the service manual.

Chock,

I appreciate your help. Do those instructions apply to ours even though it doesn't have a CRT screen like that? We just have a red number readout.

Send me the ID plate of your paper cutter, for to be sure about serial number and year
in that way, we must sure.
And give me your email please
However if your machine does not have the CRT monitor Not apply the instructions, serial number if is from year 1994 must be read 94000D to 94999D , send a PIC from the ID plate of your paper cutter Challenge

Blessing
[email protected]

Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 861 1441

This sounds like what happened. Our battery failed most likely, we didn't even know there was a battery. Our cutter doesn't have the CRT monitor. After checking the serial number it is a 1994.

I found our operators manual, but it says that to re-program you need the service manual.

Chock,

I appreciate your help. Do those instructions apply to ours even though it doesn't have a CRT screen like that? We just have a red number readout.
I never changed a battery and we had the red numeric display only (no CRT).

Hi Good day:

Attached is there 3 pages for troubleshooting, in according with the serial number 1994 year.

Hope you can fix it.

Let me know, sincerely.

Blessing
[email protected]
Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 861 1441

Attachments

• challenge troubleshooting-1.png
    challenge troubleshooting-1.png
    479.3 KB · Views: 490
  • challenge troubleshooting-2.png
    challenge troubleshooting-2.png
    422 KB · Views: 499
  • challenge troubleshooting-3.png
    challenge troubleshooting-3.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 506

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back