Changing an image in a pdf

Activeman

I have a 4 colour process pdf which has a image on it and a drop shadow behind it. The shadow isn't coming out on the plates due to low % on the CMYK. Can I increase the strength of this shadow?

If the shadow isn't bitmaped with the image, you may be able to edit it using either Illustrator or a PDF editor. If it is, you have some Photoshopping (or GiMPing if thats your preference) to do on the bitmap itself.

The short answer is yes, you can.

The longer answer depends on the tools you have at your disposal. My path: Try to open it in Illustrator, if it opens with no errors, see how the drop shadow is accomplished (bitmap or vector). If it doesn't open properly, try converting the fonts to curves using a pdf editor (Pitstop is my fav). If the shadow is vector, hooray!, change it and save as (never over the original pdf).
If it is in bitmap, try and isolate the bitmap and open it in Photoshop, then (because the bitmap will most likely not be in layers) mask the shadow from the main image and adjust the darkness or levels to suit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back