Changing in colors

Hello everyone,

During printing process, I had a problem.

At the beginning, the print was good with its colors and everything was great (The first in the attachment).
Then, I increased the speed of printing without any change in anilox or inks, but the result wasn't good and I had an increase in the cyan color (The second in the attachment ).

Could you help me please to solve this problem.

Regards,

Abdul muhsin.

What do your color control patches tell you?

Yes, solid ink density patches, screen tint patches etc.

It started well, but when I fastened the printing process it changed.
I don't have any idea about this change.

Could you give me your E-mail address please.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It started well, but when I fastened the printing process it changed.
I don't have any idea about this change.

Could you give me your E-mail address please.

Thank you.

I think it's better to continue this thread here - no need for private messages.

I'm getting the impression that you don't have any objective information from the quality control patches. Unfortunately, looking at pretty pictures doesn't give any useful information.

Remember that on a flexo press:
1. You are slinging ink out of small cells (anilox roller) and then scrapping the anilox with a doctor blade to help meter ink.
2. You then transfer that ink film onto a photopolymer (malleable) plate that is held on to a plate cylinder with a compressible tape.
3. You then force a substrate between the plate and an impression roller to transfer ink from plate to substrate.

Speed has an impact on this process. One needs to characterize the press at the speed it will be running in production so the proper curves can be created to meet the standard you are trying to match.

I think it's better to continue this thread here - no need for private messages.

I'm getting the impression that you don't have any objective information from the quality control patches. Unfortunately, looking at pretty pictures doesn't give any useful information.

Thank you for your efforts.

Remember that on a flexo press:
1. You are slinging ink out of small cells (anilox roller) and then scrapping the anilox with a doctor blade to help meter ink.
2. You then transfer that ink film onto a photopolymer (malleable) plate that is held on to a plate cylinder with a compressible tape.
3. You then force a substrate between the plate and an impression roller to transfer ink from plate to substrate.

Speed has an impact on this process. One needs to characterize the press at the speed it will be running in production so the proper curves can be created to meet the standard you are trying to match.

When I changed the anilox to an another bigger one, at the beginning it wasn't good. But when I fastened the speed it became good.

Thank you very much for your information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back