Cheap web to print system

Shredder

I see cheap web to print systems with ecommerce storefront for packaging industry. We only have two basic job types: books and card stock. Looking for a complete end to end solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I am completely new to web to print?

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Just having file setup for printing without needing an operator to edit the job. Just setup paper stock and print.

We've been stuck with the same bad web-to-print (EFI's MarketDirect/Digital Storefront - stay away!) for all the years I've worked where I work so I don't have anything to point you towards, other than most of these web-to-prints will output for you a print-ready PDF when everything is said and done.

It looks like you're wanting it to instead do the imposition for you so it can just be dropped in your RIP's hot folder and be ready for print - I've not heard of good imposition baked into any web-to-print I've personally looked at. I think doing that automatically has traditionally been the role of a seperate (expensive) piece of software.

Pressero might do what you want, though it is a bit expensive. They offer a 30 day trial. Alternatively, You could try publishing Indesign (and Publisher, Photoshop, etc) templates for your on your existing website and charging extra for files not submitted using your templates.

We have few of our clients offering Packaging products with different stock & paper options and end client gets instant estimate and upload file. Still, we need to check your key products, prices & how you estimate them to see if it would fit in our Solution. We can provide you some insights if you interested & share our cost-effective subscription plans at a lower cost. You can check our offrings

I would be surprised if there is a good software package for that cheap. I found one for $150/month and that was cheap! The really mature products I've seen before are in the $1200/month ballpark range. I know RedTie has a pricing scheme that goes by line item ordered that might be worth looking at.

Maybe I am mistaken but I feel most of these companies are ripping companies off. In some cases it makes sense when they are doing 7+ figures of business online and need a much higher level of service and support. I am looking for something more entry level until I get to that point.

Shedder - in your original post, you mention packaging, but you're only printing books and cards, correct? If so, at $50 per month for a service like goprint2 sounds reasonable. It looks like they deliver a print ready file to you, just like MyOrderDesk has been doing for me for a number of years. Their current pricing is $95 per month, after a setup fee. At this cost, it is well worth it to me to not have to spend time fixing files. A lower cost option may exist, but I don't know about one. Good luck.

Maybe I am mistaken but I feel most of these companies are ripping companies off. In some cases it makes sense when they are doing 7+ figures of business online and need a much higher level of service and support. I am looking for something more entry level until I get to that point.

Oh trust me, the ripping off is occurring but the higher level of service and support is not always occuring.

MyOrderDesk that Stickman42 mentioned was actually the one I found for $150/month as well (glad to see the price is lower!). They definitely seemed well put together and may be worth your time.

Oh trust me, the ripping off is occurring but the higher level of service and support is not always occuring.

MyOrderDesk that Stickman42 mentioned was actually the one I found for $150/month as well (glad to see the price is lower!). They definitely seemed well put together and may be worth your time.
MyOrderDesk quoted me almost $7000.00 start-up cost and $595.00/month after. We even have Printers Plan as our MIS which is owned by the same company.

MyOrderDesk quoted me almost $7000.00 start-up cost and $595.00/month after. We even have Printers Plan as our MIS which is owned by the same company.

They got bought shortly after I talked with them - I guess their new owners jacked up the price from what I was quoted back then. Sorry to hear that - I'll stop suggesting them as the cheap option.

I see cheap web to print systems with ecommerce storefront for packaging industry. We only have two basic job types: books and card stock. Looking for a complete end to end solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I am completely new to web to print?
If you're new to web-to-print,: A web-to-print solution can help you in facilitating online designing, managing print Orders and most importantly transform any online store into a creative studio. With best-in-class delivery and after sales support we fetch good returns for our customers and help them to remain ahead of competition.

Web2print experts at Design'N'Buy can point you in the right direction on all of your printing needs. Choose Your Subscription Plan here.

You can check out Brush Your Ideas Web-to-Print Software. It is an ERP Print solution that optimizes all the print operations, right from collecting print-ready files to shipping orders. It’s compatible with every system, which means you can directly integrate it with your eCommerce platform. The best part is that the team can help you with customization if needed.

You can learn more about it here - Web to Print Solution.

There are several web to print software available that offer eCommerce storefront capabilities at various price points.

When considering these platforms, it's essential to review their pricing structures, features, ease of use, integration capabilities, customer support, and any additional costs for using their services.

Some platforms may offer a free trial or a limited version to test before committing to a paid plan.

Additionally, always check for reviews and user feedback to ensure the platform meets your specific business needs and budget constraints.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back