Chemistry free plates

Hi

Is anyone running of the chemistry free plates from Kodak and Fuji on presses running with low or no alcohol in the damping?

Is this working, or do these plates need alcohol in the damping to 'process' on press?

Paul Sherfield

Hi

Is anyone running of the chemistry free plates from Kodak and Fuji on presses running with low or no alcohol in the damping?

Is this working, or do these plates need alcohol in the damping to 'process' on press?

Paul Sherfield

Hi Paul - Kodak Thermal Direct will work in both alcohol and alcohol-free press environments. I can't speak for other vendors' products.

Kevin.

Fuji Pro-T works like this. A short amount of predamp, usually 6-10 revolutions at press makes the non image area sticky so that it adheres to the first 25 odd sheets of the make ready thusly developing out the plate. IME, some inks take more sheets, some less but the effect is the same all this, without alcohol. I suspect a bit of alcohol will simply change the revs and or no of sticky sheets but should work fine and may work even better, but I don't know with this plate.
Hope that helps you somewhat.
John W

Hi Paul,
contact me offline if you want to do some sample tests with the kodak plates.
Edwin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back